Is it always like this in Pilot truck stops?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I think it is getting to be like that everywhere anymore. Nobody has any Patience or courtesy. It's me first, **** everyone else.
Any driver that blows their air horn in a truck stop should get a hammer through their windshield. At any time of the day or night there are drivers trying to sleep.

That would be the first thing I would do, shut the curtains and hide from all the lunatics.:D
Who has the right of way, truck leaving the truck stop or the one entering? If there is not enough room for both at one time

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
I think it is getting to be like that everywhere anymore. Nobody has any Patience or courtesy. It's me first, **** everyone else.
Any driver that blows their air horn in a truck stop should get a hammer through their windshield. At any time of the day or night there are drivers trying to sleep.

That would be the first thing I would do, shut the curtains and hide from all the lunatics.:D
Sometimes it just a "Lunatic" they looking 4

Turn out the lights... no need 4 fight

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
So you should just sit there quietly while some mega loser backs into your truck, eh?

:coocoo:

That means that there IS a use fer yer hawg leg...

Back into my truck, will ya!

:gun3:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
So you should just sit there quietly while some mega loser backs into your truck, eh?

:coocoo:

That means that there IS a use fer yer hawg leg...

Back into my truck, will ya!

:gun3:
If you are sitting there watching said loser and just waiting to blow your horn, maybe you could jump out and help the guy back in so he does not hit your truck. ;)
That is how it used to go anyway.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Folks flying through the truck stop, passing other folks on the right while they are trying to back in, honking at each other and basically melting down as we speak. It's like the Indy 500 here tonight with people fighting over the remaining parking spots.
Nothing new Mike Mike - it's been like that for years. IMO, auto truck transmissions have something to do with it. Push down on the go pedal - it goes. Push down a little more, it goes more.

3 or 4 years ago I came across an accident in the parking lot at the TA in Greencastle PA. Some jerk has taken the side off of a brand new Pete 387. The Pete was slowly backing into a parking space with his 4-ways on, and the jerk was rolling through the lot way too fast. BANG!

Its just not at Pilots... you see it at any truck stop, DCs too.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
If you are sitting there watching said loser and just waiting to blow your horn, maybe you could jump out and help the guy back in so he does not hit your truck. ;)
Uh huh. Maybe you need to soak your head.

Lessee... the loser is 1/2 meter from your left door, and you're going to jump out...

Good move RJ.

Can we scrape you off the parking lot?

Maybe you shoulda used your air horn. Then got out of the truck to help.

Hillbilly Canuck

Yup. I know a couple old timers helped out when I was worried out of my wits in a tight truck stop and making a gong show of it.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Uh huh. Maybe you need to soak your head.

Lessee... the loser is 1/2 meter from your left door, and you're going to jump out...

Good move RJ.

Can we scrape you off the parking lot?

Maybe you shoulda used your air horn. Then got out of the truck to help.
Hello? maybe jump out to help before the loser gets a half meter from your left door?
But, yeah you are right, simply sitting there and blowing the horn is so much of a better solution :foreheadslap::confused-96:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Hello? maybe jump out to help before the loser gets a half meter from your left door?
But, yeah you are right, simply sitting there and blowing the horn is so much of a better solution :foreheadslap::confused-96:
It gets them to stop. You're telling me that 100% of the time after you arrive at the truck stop you're just waiting to jump out and help everyone backing in?

Ever have someone set up correctly, and then not bother to correct properly in the last 3 feet?

Don't tell me you haven't had the occasion to alert someone with your air horn before they have an accident.

And don't give me that crap that I'm not out helping newbs back in. I'm out of my truck doing that more often than you ever have.

But I'm not going to sit there and allow someone to damage my truck.

dchawk81

Supporter
Nothing new Mike Mike - it's been like that for years. IMO, auto truck transmissions have something to do with it. Push down on the go pedal - it goes. Push down a little more, it goes more.
Like bumper cars!

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Your other personalities having a party there, Sybil?

nah, I'm at the Pilot at 99th. Avondale is the name of the city I think, but it's Phoenix....

@JunkYardDog5958 was actually headed to the same truck stop tonight, so got to meet another forum member in person which is cool. Hope to get to meet more of y'all as time goes on.
You'd meet me except you avoid the NorthWest like you'll catch malaria if you cross a State border.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s

3 or 4 years ago I came across an accident in the parking lot at the TA in Greencastle PA. Some jerk has taken the side off of a brand new Pete 387. The Pete was slowly backing into a parking space with his 4-ways on, and the jerk was rolling through the lot way too fast. BANG!

Its just not at Pilots... you see it at any truck stop, DCs too.
Man that reminds me of the Model 386...

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I don't know what is with drivers nowadays. They blow the horn when they start roiling, they blow the horn when they make a turn. They blow the horn when they are in the acceleration lane and trying to enter the highway. They blow the horn to make a lane change.
The blow the damned horn even when no one else is around. :dunno:

They must have learned trucking from Ice Road Truckers where every tuck that passes the camera has a truck air horn inserted via sound effects added at edit time

Johnson

I don't know what is with drivers nowadays. They blow the horn when they start roiling, they blow the horn when they make a turn. They blow the horn when they are in the acceleration lane and trying to enter the highway. They blow the horn to make a lane change.
The blow the damned horn even when no one else is around. :dunno:

They must have learned trucking from Ice Road Truckers where every tuck that passes the camera has a truck air horn inserted via sound effects added at edit time
Yep the vast majority of drivers today just blow.

navypoppop

I think they might have watched "Smokey and the Bandit" too many times and learned from Snowman that the air horn is really cool or they are still 10 years old giving every trucker the "blow your air horn sign".

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Who has the right of way, truck leaving the truck stop or the one entering? If there is not enough room for both at one time
I am a courteous driver. If I see them coming from opposite of me I stop and let them go.

Hillbilly Canuck

I am a courteous driver. If I see them coming from opposite of me I stop and let them go.
I'm a ****? So be it. You move that miserable piece of **** out of the way. I've places to be **** to do and neither the time nor the inclination for you and your ****ery. And you best believe I'm on the air horn and whipping **** jugs to let you know how I feel because I watched Ice Road Truckers and learned from the best there ever was.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
I'm a *? So be it. You move that miserable piece of * out of the way. I've places to be ** to do and neither the time nor the inclination for you and your **ery. And you best believe I'm on the air horn and whipping **** jugs to let you know how I feel because I watched Ice Road Truckers and learned from the best there ever was.
Maybe that’s part of my problem. I thought IRT was bullshit.