Is it always like this in Pilot truck stops?

Mike

Staff member
Folks flying through the truck stop, passing other folks on the right while they are trying to back in, honking at each other and basically melting down as we speak. It's like the Indy 500 here tonight with people fighting over the remaining parking spots.

It's not often that I park at a Pilot, but when I do I am afraid to close my curtains and go to sleep.........

Duck

Trump
Supporter
Depends on which one. If you're near a big city it's going to be a cluster****.

Mike

Staff member
Depends on which one. If you're near a big city it's going to be a cluster****.
F'n Phoenix. I typically get unloaded and reloaded same day in any city, then park more rural.

Big city turn me loose and set me free!

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
F'n Phoenix. I typically get unloaded and reloaded same day in any city, then park more rural.

Big city turn me loose and set me free!

**** I hope you’re not at the Flying J on Van Buren and like 67th. I wouldn’t even stop there in the day time. My friend lives out there and advises to park at the loves on the west side of town. Or the pilot further west. Or the TA like 25 miles west.

Mike

Staff member
**** I hope you’re not at the Flying J on Van Buren and like 67th. I wouldn’t even stop there in the day time. My friend lives out there and advises to park at the loves on the west side of town. Or the pilot further west. Or the TA like 25 miles west.
nah, I'm at the Pilot at 99th. Avondale is the name of the city I think, but it's Phoenix....

JunkYardDog5958 JunkYardDog5958 was actually headed to the same truck stop tonight, so got to meet another forum member in person which is cool. Hope to get to meet more of y'all as time goes on.

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
nah, I'm at the Pilot at 99th. Avondale is the name of the city I think, but it's Phoenix....

JunkYardDog5958 JunkYardDog5958 was actually headed to the same truck stop tonight, so got to meet another forum member in person which is cool. Hope to get to meet more of y'all as time goes on.
Yeah he actually lives in Avondale. Nice man. Well enjoy the weather out there.

Johnson

II just left that hook , I only go to that one if I'm bobtailing and even the your lucky to get a spot.

Avondale is only just a bit easier to get a spot..
But they don't have a security guy running around stopping people from making a spot so it gets so bad that you'll dam near get trapped I in the lot . SMH
That TA out in Tonopah bout 35 miles west has a huge lot.
I've never been in that love's on 83rd.

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
II just left that hook , I only go to that one if I'm bobtailing and even the your lucky to get a spot.

Avondale is only just a bit easier to get a spot..
But they don't have a security guy running around stopping people from making a spot so it gets so bad that you'll dam near get trapped I in the lot . SMH
That TA out in Tonopah bout 35 miles west has a huge lot.
I've never been in that love's on 83rd.
Yeah I usually stay at that TA and he drives out and picks me up. I won’t even stop for fuel at that hook on van Buren.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter

Huh. Funny how I was 40 miles from your place yet never got an invite for coffee

“Hope to meet more of y’all as time goes on”....., :cautious:

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Folks flying through the truck stop, passing other folks on the right while they are trying to back in, honking at each other and basically melting down as we speak. It's like the Indy 500 here tonight with people fighting over the remaining parking spots.

It's not often that I park at a Pilot, but when I do I am afraid to close my curtains and go to sleep.........
Thats what you get for going to Pilot..

The only reason they "survive" is Mega Carrier accounts..

Last few times out I "eschewed" the Big Chains woth the exception of TA/Petro here n there..

If drivers that can would get "together" Id rather patronize those litte out of the way places and spend my dollars supporting Small Buisness..

Not some giant chain who cannot seem figure out how to build more than 20/30 spots and the Fuel Island is often backed up in to the street at 2am..

Oh and SUBWAY yeah that too

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Thats what you get for going to Pilot..

The only reason they "survive" is Mega Carrier accounts..

Last few times out I "eschewed" the Big Chains woth the exception of TA/Petro here n there..

If drivers that can would get "together" Id rather patronize those litte out of the way places and spend my dollars supporting Small Buisness..

Not some giant chain who cannot seem figure out how to build more than 20/30 spots and the Fuel Island is often backed up in to the street at 2am..

Oh and SUBWAY yeah that too
I must "Confess" at Transport Design they wanted ya to FUEL at Petro/FlyJ..

So Id "Fuel" but I parked, ate, and $pent "my" dollars elsewhere

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
He said "more" not "all."
What over a cup of coffee "Really"...

WTF happened way back in the "Day" find some roadside Bar N Grill have afew, smoke a doober, and chase some tail ...

Ya I know this aint the late 1990s ealry 2000s anymore and lots more "regulation" stacked upon more.....

And them bastards are writing MORE upon that

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Hope to get to meet more of y'all as time goes on.
I'll meet ya when you come up to the Canada. :p
The only member from here that I ever met was Tim. We both happened to be in Laredo at the same time. Tim is a righteous dude.👍

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I think it is getting to be like that everywhere anymore. Nobody has any Patience or courtesy. It's me first, **** everyone else.
Any driver that blows their air horn in a truck stop should get a hammer through their windshield. At any time of the day or night there are drivers trying to sleep.
That would be the first thing I would do, shut the curtains and hide from all the lunatics.:D