If self driving cars were southern

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Got a private pilot's license? I wouldn't expect to fly one without it.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
First off y’all are full of ****. If you come out of Michigan toward Indiana and run into a heavy ass lake effect snow band and needed to slow down to 30 you would.

Get to a safe place to stop and park it. I’m in complete agreement on that.

Minimum posted speed limits don’t apply when there is severe weather. That’s when someone is supposed to be smart enough to drive to the road conditions. And based on the story, if you almost rear ended him you were over driving your line of sight. At least he wasn’t jack knifed in the middle of the road causing real problems.

When it comes to Megas. I think guys make bad judgement calls because 1 they are pressured by their dispatch to push thru the weather, and 2 they are either too new to the business or lack The intestinal fortitude to tell said dispatch to **** off it’s not safe I’m parking.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
First off y’all are full of ****. If you come out of Michigan toward Indiana and run into a heavy ass lake effect snow band and needed to slow down to 30 you would.

Get to a safe place to stop and park it. I’m in complete agreement on that.

Minimum posted speed limits don’t apply when there is severe weather. That’s when someone is supposed to be smart enough to drive to the road conditions. And based on the story, if you almost rear ended him you were over driving your line of sight. At least he wasn’t jack knifed in the middle of the road causing real problems.

When it comes to Megas. I think guys make bad judgement calls because 1 they are pressured by their dispatch to push thru the weather, and 2 they are either too new to the business or lack The intestinal fortitude to tell said dispatch to **** off it’s not safe I’m parking.
I say what the law SHOULD BE and you say I'm wrong because that's not what it ACTUALLY says.

You keep forgetting I'm going to run for Dictator in 2024 :thumbsup:

SueAnn

Supporter
Every last one of these 100+ car pileups we have in the winter was caused by some jackwad driving too fast for conditions - conditions that include other drivers on the road. Y'all have to be able to make an emergency stop without causing an accident, which often means driving slower than you might like to.
Absolutely agree. :thumbsup:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
that one requires a private pilots licence but theres more coming out that won't require one we shall see
The FAA will never accept unlicensed "pilots" flying anything more than a hang glider. There's too much chance for an idjit to cause a serious accident.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
The FAA will never accept unlicensed "pilots" flying anything more than a hang glider. There's too much chance for an idjit to cause a serious accident.
Have you ever heard of this thing called Part 103?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Have you ever heard of this thing called Part 103?
Yup, it concerns that gliders aka "ultralights." Flying cars ain't no ultralight.

Your average car driver couldn't get past ground school...

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Yup, it concerns that gliders aka "ultralights." Flying cars ain't no ultralight.
An ultralight has an engine, usually has full 3 axis control (as opposed to weight shift) and doesn't need a tow.
Your average car driver couldn't get past ground school...
Depends on the size of the car and how fast they're going when they hit it. 🙄

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
An ultralight has an engine, usually has full 3 axis control (as opposed to weight shift) and doesn't need a tow.

Depends on the size of the car and how fast they're going when they hit it. 🙄
Dream on @Duck - ain't gonna happen without a pilots license.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Dream on @Duck - ain't gonna happen without a pilots license.
No license or even an N number required if it meets the ridiculous requirements of Part 103.

Max empty weight 254 lbs
Max fuel capacity 5 gal
Max capable speed in level flight at sea level 63 mph (100 kommie meters per hour)
1 passenger
VFR only

Most ultralights are "fat" meaning heavier, faster, more fuel, etc. Nobody really cares.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
No license or even an N number required if it meets the ridiculous requirements of Part 103.

Max empty weight 254 lbs
Max fuel capacity 5 gal
Max capable speed in level flight at sea level 63 mph (100 kommie meters per hour)
1 passenger
VFR only

Most ultralights are "fat" meaning heavier, faster, more fuel, etc. Nobody really cares.

So wings on your moped = no license.

Wings on your Harley = license.