Traffic Report: I-70 in Denver to close next two weekends

Mike

Staff member
Both directions of Interstate 70 are scheduled to close at the Peoria Street bridge on Sept. 13-16.
From 8 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13, to 5:30 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 16, I-70 is scheduled to close at Peoria Street.

Construction crews will be demolishing portions of the I-70 bridge over Peoria Street. Traffic will be detoured onto ramps at the intersection. Here is a detour map.

Both directions of Interstate 70 are scheduled to close in Denver the weekend of Sept. 20-23.
The Colorado Department of Transportation says I-70 will close between Steele/Vasquez and I-270 from 10 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20, through 5 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 23.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
What’s a chain law? Tighten the chain so **** don’t fall off the deck?
Tire chain laws bud, you have to have a full set of chains with you from like 1 September to May 31

Anywho ever since I found E470 and found it’s toll by plate I don’t use 70 in Denver unless I’m going to the shingle plant.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Tire chain laws bud, you have to have a full set of chains with you from like 1 September to May 31

Anywho ever since I found E470 and found it’s toll by plate I don’t use 70 in Denver unless I’m going to the shingle plant.
I’ve never chained up :thefinger:

Also, probably never going to see Colorado

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
I’ve never chained up :thefinger:

Also, probably never going to see Colorado
If the lights are flashing it’s law to chain it. Personally I have never chained either. I have a full set that have been in bags in the chain box for 2 years and that’s where they stay. Lol

Mike

Staff member
If the lights are flashing it’s law to chain it. Personally I have never chained either. I have a full set that have been in bags in the chain box for 2 years and that’s where they stay. Lol
Mine have to be close to 15 years old. didn't even put them in the truck last winter, can't remember if I did the year before. Never used them. The bags they came in rotted away. If anything goes back in my truck, it will be autosocks. Not that I will use them, I just don't want to lug around those heavy chains again.

Keeping them til I buy the socks though, just in case.

I remember now, last time they were in the truck was late 2017. Took a load from Kentucky to Grand Junction. Paid great, so I took it, and stopped by the house to pick up the chains. Took them back out a week later when i got back home.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I hear you, just saying I’ve never chained up

SueAnn

Supporter
Both directions of Interstate 70 are scheduled to close at the Peoria Street bridge on Sept. 13-16.

Both directions of Interstate 70 are scheduled to close in Denver the weekend of Sept. 20-23.

Thanks for the heads up, Mike.

SueAnn

Supporter
Mine have to be close to 15 years old. didn't even put them in the truck last winter, can't remember if I did the year before. Never used them. The bags they came in rotted away. If anything goes back in my truck, it will be autosocks. Not that I will use them, I just don't want to lug around those heavy chains again.

Keeping them til I buy the socks though, just in case.

I remember now, last time they were in the truck was late 2017. Took a load from Kentucky to Grand Junction. Paid great, so I took it, and stopped by the house to pick up the chains. Took them back out a week later when i got back home.
Do you ever go to BC? In case you do, the socks are illegal there. Some US states were looking at doing the same thing. You might want to check it out for this winter and possibly save a ticket.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
It's like a $50 ticket to get caught without chains, so I don't sweat it too much if there is a good paying load and the weather report is good.
Not quite...

The fine for not carrying chains on I-70 between mileposts 133–259 from Sept. 1–May 31 is $50 plus a $17 surcharge. Statewide, the fine for not chaining up when the chain law is in effect is $500 plus a $79 surcharge. The fine for blocking a highway as a result of not chaining up is $1,000 plus a $157 surcharge.

CODOT.gov › library › Brochures
Colorado CHAIN UP TIPS - CDOT