HP2000 APU : noisy piece of crap!

Mike

Staff member
I’m about to take a hammer to this piece of junk next to me. At least that’s what I want to do. The truck is on my drivers side, I can literally stand on the passenger side of my truck beside my APU and the one on the other side of my truck drowns it out.

And it’s not a consistent noise either. And the belt/tensioner is screaming to be replaced, and the entire case is rattling.

11957968-95C5-4079-ADD8-9C03D454EA23.jpeg1B1CF97A-6461-4C65-8A36-C9D1242BA6A4.jpeg

Just one more thing to hate about North Carolina. Truck happens to be from here as well, lol

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
When I drove that W900B the exhaust on the Rigmaster was going out forever.

I made a LOT of friends that way.

BBBBBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I usually turned it off when I went to bed though.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
When I drove that W900B the exhaust on the Rigmaster was going out forever.

I made a LOT of friends that way.

BBBBBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I usually turned it off when I went to bed though.
You should post more pics of when you had cool trucks to drive and cool loads to pull

I don’t know what you’re driving now but I can guarantee I probably don’t care what it is and probably would make fun of it

But, hey, you used to be cool.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
You should post more pics of when you had cool trucks to drive and cool loads to pull

I don’t know what you’re driving now but I can guarantee I probably don’t care what it is and probably would make fun of it

But, hey, you used to be cool.

THere used to be whole albums but stuff disappears every time @Mike "updates" the forum, so I don't know whats there now.

And yes, you're correct. ON both counts. Even I make fun of cascadias with spring ride trailers.

I used to be able to crank out untold miles per day in smooth riding hood. But a rattly, cheaply built fleet truck with a spring ride trailer, it takes a lot less to wear me out.

A lack of interest wears me out too...

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
THere used to be whole albums but stuff disappears every time @Mike "updates" the forum, so I don't know whats there now.

And yes, you're correct. ON both counts. Even I make fun of cascadias with spring ride trailers.

I used to be able to crank out untold miles per day in smooth riding hood. But a rattly, cheaply built fleet truck with a spring ride trailer, it takes a lot less to wear me out.

A lack of interest wears me out too...
Bullwinkle ruins everything...

I hear you. I can run 800 miles easy in my ride but pop in a day cab to move a couple trailers and I’m done after an hour.

Cascadias should be outlawed for how crappy a truck they are

Duck

Nose-Man
Supporter
Cascadias should be outlawed for how crappy a truck they are
All droopy nose trucks should be banned. APUs should be banned too. Fk it. Let's ban vans and reefers too. Everything should be hauled on flatbeds. Even ice cream. We'll just have to give those guys an exemption to speed limits so they can get to their destinations before it melts. 😎

Shooting Star

Figure out the problem with the truck and fix it yourself. When I drove for all the years I did, that's what I did. It seemed if I had someone else fix my truck, I always had to RE-FIX it. No, your job is not being a mechanic but if you learn HOW to take care of your truck, YOU know what the problem is and how to take care of it. In 78, gal truckers were a rare species. Just driving with the male species was hard enough. Trying to get anything done in a shop.....what a joke! They could look at your truck and it would cost you $2000. I still had to fix it because what I needed fixed.......wasn't touched!!

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I’m about to take a hammer to this piece of junk next to me. At least that’s what I want to do. The truck is on my drivers side, I can literally stand on the passenger side of my truck beside my APU and the one on the other side of my truck drowns it out.

And it’s not a consistent noise either. And the belt/tensioner is screaming to be replaced, and the entire case is rattling.

View attachment 51494View attachment 51495

Just one more thing to hate about North Carolina. Truck happens to be from here as well, lol
:nails:

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
All droopy nose trucks should be banned. APUs should be banned too. Fk it. Let's ban vans and reefers too. Everything should be hauled on flatbeds. Even ice cream. We'll just have to give those guys an exemption to speed limits so they can get to their destinations before it melts. 😎
Two straps per half gallon!

Shooting Star

BTW...I'll be 66 in a couple of days. Not a driver any more. Last ticket I got was in 78 in my truck, for speeding. I am now a safety officer for a trucking company. In CA!!!! A state I never thought I would live in. No trucker in their right mind would move to CA. Their rules are crazy. I told my ol' man, he better be worth it. Been with him lots of years. It's worth it.

krelithous

Supporter
a honda inverter genset and a window A/C and a space heater will have a better effect than that POS