How OLD is you????

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I had that red button on a single axle diesel brigadier, 5 speed.
I think it was a 1970-something and I was driving it in 1997. POS tin can didn't ever have an AM/FM radio.

Keendriver

Hates all of you
I had one of those on my first dump truck.
We just called it a splitter.
The damn thing used to hang up betwixt & between once in a while.

One day I was hauling tear-out from a hotel remodel at I-70 & Noland down Noland Road to dump for fill at some prinks house.
I was fairly heavy [over loaded like a MF'r] when the damn thing hung and I tried to ease over on the narrow shoulder to let traffic pass.
The friggin shoulder collapsed under me and rolled me over to about 45 degrees.

I'll bet @Keendriver knows the area I was heading toward [knobtown].
:biglaugh:

Anyway, Some guy who worked at the Dodge dealer had a badass lifted Dodge pickup stopped and asked what I'd pay if he got me out.
Ridiculous!! Just for starters because his pickup weighed less than half what I weighed but I told him I only had about 20 bucks on me.
That guy hooked up to my truck and must have burned up $100 worth of tires but he got me out.
UNREAL!
I told him to follow me back to the job for more money but he blew it off.
I haven't thought about that in years...
Except when I drive by US 40 & Noland and look toward Knobtown
:stare1:
Yup, I do know where you be talkin' 'bout Willis.

And just n/e of there I watched a Burlington Motor Carriers driver try to slam the tandems out the back of his trlr up on 291.

It's up......and he scores!!

Last edited:

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
I had one of those on my first dump truck.
We just called it a splitter.
The damn thing used to hang up betwixt & between once in a while.

One day I was hauling tear-out from a hotel remodel at I-70 & Noland down Noland Road to dump for fill at some prinks house.
I was fairly heavy [over loaded like a MF'r] when the damn thing hung and I tried to ease over on the narrow shoulder to let traffic pass.
The friggin shoulder collapsed under me and rolled me over to about 45 degrees.

I'll bet @Keendriver knows the area I was heading toward [knobtown].
:biglaugh:

Anyway, Some guy who worked at the Dodge dealer had a badass lifted Dodge pickup stopped and asked what I'd pay if he got me out.
Ridiculous!! Just for starters because his pickup weighed less than half what I weighed but I told him I only had about 20 bucks on me.
That guy hooked up to my truck and must have burned up $100 worth of tires but he got me out.
UNREAL!
I told him to follow me back to the job for more money but he blew it off.
I haven't thought about that in years...
Except when I drive by US 40 & Noland and look toward Knobtown
:stare1:
The other day I saw a Raider Express truck stuck in snow in the middle of the Love's parking lot in Sioux Falls.

I had been talking to one in Sioux City the week before. He was showing me the auto inflation tire system on his truck and I noticed it was one of those "spec'ed by idiots" trucks with the single drive axle with just a worthless tag axle behind it.

There was a Dodge Durango trying to pull it through the parking lot when I went in to get a washout at the Beacon.

When I got out of the washout, the Durango was gone but the Raider Express truck was still in the same spot spinning his front drive tires and going nowhere. I had to maneuver around him with my empty trailer. Ya see, I have this thing called a power divider lock that helps the truck move ,...

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
there's supposed to be a dump valve on the drag axle to put the weight on the powered drive.

I still wouldn't buy a single drive like that. A bunch of Conway and other carrier trucks are hitting the market set-up like that. The dealers I've talked with can't sell the stupid set-up.

Moose

Way up here in eastern Canada we call them a ruxle. I am as old as dirt with 50 years driving and heavy equipment experience. I liked those old splitters and was good at it. I tell people I don’t do much but I am very good at what I do.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Way up here in eastern Canada we call them a ruxle. I am as old as dirt with 50 years driving and heavy equipment experience. I liked those old splitters and was good at it. I tell people I don’t do much but I am very good at what I do.
Ruxle must be a north and east thing. Everywhere in the midwest and plains all I've ever heard it referred to is a "5 by 2" or "5 and a 2".

(((ME)))

How old is I .....old enough to remember flour sack dress and home made leather moccasins.....bathing in number 9 tub with lye soap in front of wood stove., sock doll, string popcorn for xmas tree....but best of all was when i could whip a boy shooting marbles .......old enough to watch my generation grow up.....my childrens generation to grow up, my grandchildren generation to grow up...and now working on great grand babies to grow up.......that how old I is....

Last edited:

Shreck

How old is I .....old enough to remember flour sack dress and home made leather moccasins.....bathing in number 9 tub with lye soap in front of wood stove., sock doll, string popcorn for xmas tree....but best of all was when i could whip a boy shooting marbles .......old enough to watch my generation grow up.....my childrens generation to grow up, my grandchildren generation to grow up...and now working on great grand babies to grow up.......that how old I is....
Wow now that’s old.

Mike

Staff member
But you're still young at heart, that's all that matters!