How often does this happen....

quillcom

Think it's safe to post this now.

So I was making a p/u in a small town that just happened to have a low clearance overpass right by the p/u
stop.

After trying a few of the main roads it seemed to only lead back to that overpass.

So taking a resendential road with no posted weight limits I was able to get to the plant ok....

...That is if that wire that I saw dangling on top of my trailer when I made that resendential turn was already down and that I did not pull it
down with my trailer.

Wonder if this happens to you other drivers now and again, or ever.

Thought I would get a call from dispatch saying a neighbor saw your trailer take down a overhead wire.

No such call ever transpired. Wheew.

Last edited:

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
uh nope.

i have been to a steel place in Bridgeport, CT, that to get to the place, you HAD to go down a residential area. and getting back to the highway, to go south, you had to go north one exit and turn around...very annoying

Duck

My other car is a POS too
Supporter
Think it's safe to post this now.

So I was making a p/u in a small town that just happened to have a low clearance overpass right by the p/u
stop.

After trying a few of the main roads it seemed to only lead back to that overpass.

So taking a resendential road with no posted weight limits I was able to get to the plant ok....

...That is if that wire that I saw dangling on top of my trailer when I made that resendential turn was already down and that I did not pull it
down with my trailer.

Wonder if this happens to you other drivers now and again, or ever.

Thought I would get a call from dispatch saying a neighbor saw your trailer take down a overhead wire.

No such call ever transpired. Where.
The wire going across the street at the end of my road got hit by something tall.

I'd been under it a million times with a 13'6" and there's a few warehouses in town and van drivers often end up on my road, lost. So I know it was something taller than a van that hit it.

Electric and cable TV were both knocked out.

When they put it back up, they left scraps of caution tape on the wire.

No clearance sign, just caution tape. So, ya know,.. Whoever hit it will see it and hop out with a tape measure next time. 🙄

If they don't want the wires hit, they'll hang them higher. That's how I see it.

Even in a residential area. Because I've seen moving vans that were 13'6". ABF uses wiggle wagons for that.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Because it was an unmarked bridge.

The situation has me pissed enough the way it is. Jumping down the kid's throat wouldn't do any good. He was 28 and this was his first time truly on his own OTR.

We put him on a greyhound and told him good day.

Screenshot_20190913-163518.png

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Box trailer driver problems.
Back when the bridge was out in Escanaba there was a detour, on the east end of it there was a 13’6” bridge. I had a wheel loader on a stepdeck that was all of 13’6”, if not 13’7”

Had another flatbedder spot me through, he keyed up “whoa”, I hit the binders right away then got “nevermind you’re good”

Asshole :thefinger:

It’s not funny to do that to a guy... :cautious:

Duck

My other car is a POS too
Supporter
Keendriver Keendriver used to do both the 3 of them, High, wide and lonesome or handsome I can't remember the last one.:confused-96:;):thumbsup:
His bumper sticker tag line was "high wide and handsome" until he changed it to "hates all of you because he's an anti-social psychopath" or whatever it says now. 🙄

quillcom

We put him on a greyhound and told him good day.
I think if I did what he did I would have stepped down out of that cab, flagged a uber, lyft or those new fangled scooters if nothing else and high-tailed it to the nearest greyhound station myself.

Thank you very much!

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I think if I did what he did I would have stepped down out of that cab, flagged a uber, lyft or those new fangled scooters if nothing else and high-tailed it to the nearest greyhound station myself.

Thank you very much!
Some times it's actually easier to say nothing.

This was one of those times.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
How can you let, your phone go down to only 19%.

;)
Just like this....

Screenshot_20190913-215430.png

As I was posting that. This popped up.

So now I'll go try to get rid of the fiberglass itchies from trying to cut the roof cap off the century and then just go to bed.

Screenshot_20190913-215522.png