How often are you seeing 5G?

Ranger_375

You're a bright one, ain'tcha.

Unlimited Verizon deprioritizes accounts with over 22GB of data transfer in a billing period.

krelithous

Supporter
You're a bright one, ain'tcha.

Unlimited Verizon deprioritizes accounts with over 22GB of data transfer in a billing period.
not on 5G they don't though i am sure that will change once it's start reaching it's limit before they start screaming for 6G!!! you can get the above unlimited plan and it includes 75 gigs of data with no throttling until you hit that limit. and it also depends on how congested the towers are!!! the go unlimited plan is ****!!! as well 5G is free on the beyond unlimited and the above unlimited plans. a little FYI verizon started building it's 5G network back in 2013!!! and it's true 5G unlike the other 3 who are fake 5G verizon's the only carrier that can hit gig speeds!!!

Last edited:

BrandonCDLtrucker

I popped this screenie a little while ago while getting unloaded in the middle of nowhere NC. In case you're wondering what my cell service is, it's actually my phone linked via WIFI to my ATT wifi hotspot in the truck. Unthrottled and unlimited.

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
That sucks. I've had over 90mbps with 4GLTE. I get over 20 with 4GLTE all the time.
i get about 4 GBPS down in 5G with no latency on my samsung S10 5G. though there are some variables involved in getting such fast speeds. like how close you are to the small cell. the home modem and router is insane ;) . most of the time i hit 18 GBPS down with no latency the ****s crazy:stare1:

krelithous

Supporter
by 2030 we will have 6G and that will make speeds available in terabytes per second :D. the main thing driving 5G right now are these self driving shopping carts on our roads!!!

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
AT&T will cap your azz after 22 gigs of data usage even in 5G mode. something to :confused-96: about. and i would hold off on buying anything 5G if you travel or live out in the sticks i know verizon plans on over laying 4G and 5G spectrum out in rual areas and the qualcomm x50 will not support that but the x55 will wich will be out by the end of the year!!!

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
AT&T will cap your azz after 22 gigs of data usage even in 5G mode. something to :confused-96: about. and i would hold off on buying anything 5G if you travel or live out in the sticks i know verizon plans on over laying 4G and 5G spectrum out in rual areas and the qualcomm x50 will not support that but the x55 will wich will be out by the end of the year!!!
I go over that cap every month and have rarely seen any slowdown.

krelithous

Supporter
I go over that cap every month and have rarely seen any slowdown.
i can't imagine going from 3 GBPS to 600 KBS:eek:. at 3-5 GBPS i could use that up in an HR:cool:. i'm closing in on using 150 gigs and there's no slowdown;). to be really honest i would wait till the flagships support low/mid band 5G NR;) i know once verizon starts laying 5G in rual areas my phone will not support it!!!

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
It ain't even a cap it's a "we might throttle you if we have to."
i don't support companies the throttle and worse off have caps. data caps are nothing more the corperate greed if you ask me. oh we'll give you a 300 gigs of data every month but we will sell you unlimited for xxx more a month...