How often are you seeing 5G?

Mike

Staff member
I’m actually thinking of moving to Verizon, depending on what they can offer in terms of switching. All of the phones in our house are paid for except mine.

Mike

Staff member
Well he talked him into it....
Nah, hitting my hotspot limit every month these days has had me contemplating change for a while.

Either AT&T offers up unlimited hotspot, or I will likely move away. Been with them since my first cell phone.

PreachaMan

Ya that's my problem I run into with cricket wireless I never had the problem with straight talk I ran 86 gig before I switched now I run 48 top hot spot .
Once I pass 22 they start slowing my speed

krelithous

Supporter
I’m actually thinking of moving to Verizon, depending on what they can offer in terms of switching. All of the phones in our house are paid for except mine.
hmm verizons killing the unlimited jetpack plan. i wonder why maybe becaause the network can't handle it as it's congested:mad:. 5G will be the only replacement for this and once that gets congested once thousands of people sign up for it. the message will be kill the grandfathered acct's to:stare1:

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
hmm verizons killing the unlimited jetpack plan. i wonder why maybe becaause the network can't handle it as it's congested:mad:. 5G will be the only replacement for this and once that gets congested once thousands of people sign up for it. the message will be kill the grandfathered acct's to:stare1:
They have an unlimited phone plan that has unlimited hotspot.

krelithous

Supporter
They have an unlimited phone plan that has unlimited hotspot.
the above unlimited is only a 20 gig hot spot feature at 600 KBS. 5G is included but good luck with that one. unless they rolled out new plans

krelithous

Supporter
20? Jesus I'd go through that in a week
HAHA me to!!! i use 150 GIGS a month :stare1: . and the 600 kbps for me damm that's like the old AOL and netscape days:D:bonk:. though verizons moving there asses on installing the 5G now hopefully they get the updates soon to make it true 5G

krelithous

Supporter
@Mike i was in the verizon store today. so i asked why i am not being charged for 5G on my bill. the guy told me that it's because your on the above unlimited plan and you need that or the beyond unlimited plan and a samsung S10 5G to get it free!!! you can use your phone as a hotspot in 5G mode and it's unlimited data and it's truly unlimited no throttling down!!! now in 4G LTE mode you will get slowed down if you use to much to 3G. don't waste your money on the moto z3 as it requires a mod an extra 350.00 on top of the phone plus a 10.00 a month charge. so the s10 would be the way to go

Mike

Staff member
@Mike i was in the verizon store today. so i asked why i am not being charged for 5G on my bill. the guy told me that it's because your on the above unlimited plan and you need that or the beyond unlimited plan and a samsung S10 5G to get it free!!! you can use your phone as a hotspot in 5G mode and it's unlimited data and it's truly unlimited no throttling down!!! now in 4G LTE mode you will get slowed down if you use to much to 3G. don't waste your money on the moto z3 as it requires a mod an extra 350.00 on top of the phone plus a 10.00 a month charge. so the s10 would be the way to go
That is the plan I was looking at.

krelithous

Supporter
That is the plan I was looking at.
yea i wouldn't even bother with the go unlimited as it can be throttled at any time and it can get slow :mad:. i can't swallow the 35.00 for an extra 5gigs of data though for LTE

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
Well he talked him into it....
id'e dump a company that lied to me about there service being real!!! AT&T has been losing subscribers left and right though i can't imagine why. maybe it's because there products suck as well as there 40 cent a day rice workers they call csr's!!!

Ranger_375

Verizon has prioritization once you exceed data limits for normal use, and a full speed with throttling for on-phone/tablet hotspot.

Generally speaking, I don't hit my hotspot caps unless I go on a movie binge.

Prioritization is nice for us as drivers as while in thicker urban areas you'll experience degraded service speed at times, it becomes nearly a non-issue in many places nationwide.

Verizon has worked as advertised with no complaints. Galaxy Tab S4, Note 9, Note 8 here.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Verizon has prioritization once you exceed data limits for normal use, and a full speed with throttling for on-phone/tablet hotspot.

Generally speaking, I don't hit my hotspot caps unless I go on a movie binge.

Prioritization is nice for us as drivers as while in thicker urban areas you'll experience degraded service speed at times, it becomes nearly a non-issue in many places nationwide.

Verizon has worked as advertised with no complaints. Galaxy Tab S4, Note 9, Note 8 here.
So get an unlimited data plan.