How often are you seeing 5G?

dchawk81

Supporter
So you're just sitting there doing speed tests all day long, bragging about how much better it is than anything else, yet not actually using it?

krelithous

Supporter
So you're just sitting there doing speed tests all day long, bragging about how much better it is than anything else, yet not actually using it?
i use it for youtube sxm as i do a ton of streaming. when it's working right it's amazing but verison's having issues with there 5G network :mad:

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
That's ok I'm going to straight talk soon
Don't see any of these issues now, but I'm also not on my phone heavily. Work apps mainly ( load boards), texts, and that thing known as phone calls, LOL.

I might be the only person left in the world that can throw his phone down on the nightstand and not pick it back up for 2 days. I honestly rarely even look at it when I am at home, and only carry it with me when I am at home and running around town just in case I get a phone call from the wife or kids.
i just do alot of streaming and out here the networks congested no matter who your with :mad: though verizon has good network mgnt!!! when i am home i throw my phone down as i don't need my face glued into my phone how in the hell people can watch videos on them is beyond me:bonk:

krelithous

Supporter
It's pretty good but not great here. Adequate for YouTube. Nothing you're gonna brag about.
those speeds for verizons 5G suck also!!! as there waiting for software updates to make the latency better and to give us the speeds were paying for. lately it's just been acting stupid :mad: and uploads are still done through LTE:mad::coocoo::stare1: but they don't count against your LTE data use:). WTF

krelithous

Supporter
Where does Verizon not have caps? Is there a plan I don't know about?
oh yea on the whole home broadband part of it for 5G there's NO install fee no hardware fees no taxes on that as well it's all included in the monthly rate!!!

krelithous

Supporter
That's ok I'm going to straight talk soon
Why not use Xfinity mobile or spectrum mobile if you use one or the other for cable. They both run off the Vzw network and 45 month for truly unlimited. No deposit for spectrum mobile just a month of service and you can byod... Not sure on Xfinity I know you can byod with xfinity

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Wow, I was literally wondering how common it was to be seeing 5G out here on the phones and whatever other connections. Really wasn't looking to start a war on who was the best cell phone provider ;)

krelithous

Supporter
Wow, I was literally wondering how common it was to be seeing 5G out here on the phones and whatever other connections. Really wasn't looking to start a war on who was the best cell phone provider ;)
Right now 5G is not that common there all talking it will be more common by the end of the year
I wonder if it will make it into rual areas as milimeter waves are not good for that type of application

krelithous

Supporter
The best cell provider is whatever krelithous krelithous has at any given moment.
sorry i only use verizon best coverage best customer service clearest sounding network as well as the fastest network for data and calls to complete. you get what you pay for and cell service is no different!!! and i can bill stuff to my acct and pay for it later