How often are you seeing 5G?

Mike

Staff member
No more closing apps out and restarting em no more buffering or freezing ect ect :)
Don't see any of these issues now, but I'm also not on my phone heavily. Work apps mainly ( load boards), texts, and that thing known as phone calls, LOL.

I might be the only person left in the world that can throw his phone down on the nightstand and not pick it back up for 2 days. I honestly rarely even look at it when I am at home, and only carry it with me when I am at home and running around town just in case I get a phone call from the wife or kids.

krelithous

Supporter
Those speeds and latency are still pitiful. The latency should be 1 Ms max and the speeds should be dam near 1gig down and 30 percent less on uploads for cell phones

krelithous

Supporter
Oh yea have you seen any crayon things on top of light poles along with tall skinny things on lamp posts to with square boxes on every pole in sight. Another thing with 5G is there saying in the future you'll only have to charge your phone once a month

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
Screenshot_20190504-093005.png
i get better speeds on verizons 4G LTE than you get on AT&T'S fake 5G. considering i live in a congested area. most of the time the upload speeds are faster to. i guess all the netflix *****s were on last night :confused-96:

krelithous

Supporter
Don't see any of these issues now, but I'm also not on my phone heavily. Work apps mainly ( load boards), texts, and that thing known as phone calls, LOL.

I might be the only person left in the world that can throw his phone down on the nightstand and not pick it back up for 2 days. I honestly rarely even look at it when I am at home, and only carry it with me when I am at home and running around town just in case I get a phone call from the wife or kids.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Sprint needs to stop spending money on lawyers and use it on their network instead.

IDGAF what logo is up at the top of my screen as long as it's a usable connection. They could put the face of Barney the Dinosaur, Barney Rubble, or Barney Fife up there for all I care.

krelithous

Supporter
Sprint needs to stop spending money on lawyers and use it on their network instead.

IDGAF what logo is up at the top of my screen as long as it's a usable connection. They could put the face of Barney the Dinosaur, Barney Rubble, or Barney Fife up there for all I care.
sprint just needs to go way LOL

krelithous

Supporter

i honestly feel that it will be sometime in 2021 before anyone see's how robust or not the 5G networks are going to be. that's all fine but it won't get real for a couple of years wich makes the claims of who is first in 5G deployment absolutely hilarious.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
i honestly feel that it will be sometime in 2021 before anyone see's how robust or not the 5G networks are going to be. that's all fine but it won't get real for a couple of years wich makes the claims of who is first in 5G deployment absolutely hilarious.
LTE will get faster just like 3G did when LTE came out, because the burden will be reduced. I'm looking forward to that if anything.

krelithous

Supporter
LTE will get faster just like 3G did when LTE came out, because the burden will be reduced. I'm looking forward to that if anything.
and once 5G gets crowded then it will slow down and then they will be screaming for 6G :bonk:. i know that verizon's killing off 3G the end of this year.

Last edited:

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
and once 5G gets crowded then it will slow down and then they will be screaming for 6G :bonk:. i know that verizon's killing off 3G the end of this year.
Yup a lot of people would be content if they were smart enough (or able to) to force 3g on their phones (for now).

I've done it where LTE is too crowded.

krelithous

Supporter
Yup a lot of people would be content if they were smart enough (or able to) to force 3g on their phones (for now).

I've done it where LTE is too crowded.
3G out here is terrible you'll be lucky to check e-mails with that :mad: :stare1:. that all depends on network traffic and congestion