How many people are driving the Freightliner Cascadia Truck???

Looking for information on how many Freightliner Cascadia trucks are out there and if there is any interest in a custom front grill.

Attachments

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Are those flashers or driving lights?

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Another set of unaimed, poorly used auxiliary lights to deal with. Thanks.

Wow someone is grumpy today. Actually the lights are very well aimed since they have a 'flood' light pattern and not a 'beam'. The grills are available without the lights as well. Besides the lighting upgrades, the grills offer significantly improved air flow over stock applications and are more durable.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Because I started at 5 am today and had more idiots with driving lights on in clear weather conditions.

Flood beams on a road vehicle actually cast more vision destroying light to opposing traffic blinding them to lane markings.

So while you see someone being grumpy, I'm someone just voicing a very obvious short-sightedness of someone trying to sell a product that's a hazard.

Be great if I'm working off road maybe, but not on-roqd.

Because I started at 5 am today and had more idiots with driving lights on in clear weather conditions.

Flood beams on a road vehicle actually cast more vision destroying light to opposing traffic blinding them to lane markings.

So while you see someone being grumpy, I'm someone just voicing a very obvious short-sightedness of someone trying to sell a product that's a hazard.

Be great if I'm working off road maybe, but not on-roqd.
I am not trying to just sell a product. I am actually looking for this type of feedback to see what the opinions are from the folks that are out there like yourself. The additional lights are optional for those that appreciate improved visibility when they need it. Like highbeams, they should be dimmed when on-coming traffic is present. Would it help if they were self dimming?

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Flood lights are actually illegal to use on the road.

Auxiliary lights are also supposed to be turned off as well. Not just dimmed.

If they are used, it's very defined what they can cast for.light. and most people.just don't GAF.

I just picked Minnesota law. But each state is different.

169.56 - 2017 Minnesota Statutes

Well mndriver, thanks for your feedback. Opinions vary, the lights are actually DOT approved. When I mentioned the self dimming option perhaps I wasn't clear. They don't actually dim but rather turn off / on automatically by using a photo sensor mounted in the grill so when on coming traffic is present the lights will shut off until traffic has passed and then automatically turn back on. Nonetheless, I appreciate your feedback. Safe travels.

dchawk81

As someone who drives at night, exclusively, I hate any and all auxiliary lighting. People are assholes and never turn it off or down. They only care about their own visibility. Nevermind that it can cause a head on collision.

So I'll be grumpy too and say F U to anyone who makes, sells, or uses them.

I get it, you guys are not fans of the aux lights. I find it humorous that the original question was asking how many drivers on this forum drive a Freightliner Cascadia truck and have an interest in a custom grill for that application. Everyone seems to be hung up on the lights which I will say again is an OPTION. Anyway, there are more grill designs in the works and for other brands as well. Peace out 'Grumpy Old Men'

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I have driven one, I had considered buying one so the aftermarket products interests me. I've got my eye on a similar grill though for a Century too. So the idea of putting the lights in the grill interest me more for strobes for running OD/OS.

So while you're only seeing a bunch of people not driving Cascadia, others are looking further down your road.

dchawk81

I get it, you guys are not fans of the aux lights. I find it humorous that the original question was asking how many drivers on this forum drive a Freightliner Cascadia truck and have an interest in a custom grill for that application. Everyone seems to be hung up on the lights which I will say again is an OPTION. Anyway, there are more grill designs in the works and for other brands as well. Peace out 'Grumpy Old Men'
Don't even let them be an option and we'll like you.

When they're blinding you at night, making for a dangerous situation, it's a touch more than simply not being "a fan."

You're contributing to the danger. I wish they were banned from sale since cops seem to have no interest in issuing citations.