How many miles did you drive today?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Yesterday 522. One hook. One drop and hook. Two picks.

Today: 471. Four drop and hooks.
Started the day by taking almost three hours to get from the Dekalb Oasis to Hammond, IN.

lovely...
Skyway through downtown?

467, a pick, less drama. Deliver down the street in a couple of hours.

Think I found a hidey hole near Olathe. :thumbsup:

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Skyway through downtown?

467, a pick, less drama. Deliver down the street in a couple of hours.

Think I found a hidey hole near Olathe. :thumbsup:
Nope. 7-8 am on the way in. Back out to Plano for shelves and tackle boxes, back to Hammond, then out to Elwood for one back to Menomonie.

They got 5 inches of snow and for some reason these days snow in Chicago is almost equal to rain in L.A..

Mike

Staff member
Ok, taking a right turn in SLC. Thought if you were headed north I might be able to shake your hand and buy lunch.

You might look at 189 through Provo Canyon. I haven't been on it for years, but used to run it to avoid SLC and save a mile or two.
Actually on 80 already, coming from Reno.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
853, a pick, a drop and a split break.

Just finished breakfast at the Gary Peetro... overnighted here. Put it in the wind up to Green Bay is today's deal. I'll get the truck damage estimate the first part of next week.

Last edited:

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Ok, taking a right turn in SLC. Thought if you were headed north I might be able to shake your hand and buy lunch.

You might look at 189 through Provo Canyon. I haven't been on it for years, but used to run it to avoid SLC and save a mile or two.
Can't run Provo Canyon with a 53'. Changed that about 20 years ago when I was still pulling a reefer. That and the traffic on 80 got me to start running 70 as long as weather was okay. With a decent-powered truck, you can turn Beaver, UT to Big Springs, NE in the same time over either route.

Oxbow

Ignored
Supporter
Can't run Provo Canyon with a 53'. Changed that about 20 years ago when I was still pulling a reefer. That and the traffic on 80 got me to start running 70 as long as weather was okay. With a decent-powered truck, you can turn Beaver, UT to Big Springs, NE in the same time over either route.
I haven't been OTR since 94 and pulled a 48' reefer then. I used to run that way just because it was less expensive to run Wyoming versus Colorado. I enjoyed the drive on 70, just not the price tag.

I should probably keep my dated observations to myself. Lol

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
I haven't been OTR since 94 and pulled a 48' reefer then. I used to run that way just because it was less expensive to run Wyoming versus Colorado. I enjoyed the drive on 70, just not the price tag.

I should probably keep my dated observations to myself. Lol
Yeah, Colorado hadn't been pay-to-play in quite a while, either.

Sucks getting old, huh?

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
853, a pick, a drop and a split break.

Just finished breakfast at the Gary Peetro... overnighted here. Put it in the wind up to Green Bay is today's deal. I'll get the truck damage estimate the first part of next week.
What did you run over?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Some jackwad pulling a bottom dump with a stretched out Petercar backed through his intended parking spot by 20' and T-boned my tractor. Got a written admission he ****ed up, and said he was in a hurry to (drop his trailer) and get home. He was totally not paying attention, had his windows closed and couldn't hear my air horn over an unmuffled CAT. He most likely was talking on his cell phone while backing up.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Some jackwad pulling a bottom dump with a stretched out Petercar backed through his intended parking spot by 20' and T-boned my tractor. Got a written admission he ****ed up, and said he was in a hurry to (drop his trailer) and get home. He was totally not paying attention, had his windows closed and couldn't hear my air horn over an unmuffled CAT. He most likely was talking on his cell phone while backing up.
How dare you put your crap cadia in the way of his red oval.....

Personal foul

Freightliner interfering with a Peter car

giphy.gif

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
My dad always told me never back up at anything more than and idle whenever possible and always have at least one window open.