how do i get out of abandonment charge so can get a job

mixerman

i worked for a company that i had reported several times that the truck front end was getting real bad shook like crazy . took the truck to their secured and locked yard and resigned my position cause was wanted to take the truck to the destination and didnt feel was able to .... came home to get a new job and find out they hit me with an abandonment charge , how do i get rid of this charge ? any insite out there ... everybody tells me until i do they cant hire me ....

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
what you will have to do is obtain a copy of your DAC/USIS report as someone else told you. then what you would do is submitt a "rebuttle" to the complaint against you. whether or not future employers will even look beyond the abandonment report is thier perogative, you can't make them look any further. you can also tell any future employer your story, maybe have something typed up and submit that with any applications you fill out.

its a tough call but you can still do some of these things to get someone to give you another chance.

companies don't look at abandonment lightly, so you will indeed have to "re-sell yourself" as a good employee.

mixerman

the problem is their own personnel manager said in her opinion it wasnt an abandonment as it was tuirned into their secured drop yard...

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
the problem is their own personnel manager said in her opinion it wasnt an abandonment as it was tuirned into their secured drop yard...
personel managers DO NOT run the trucking companies...so thier "OPINIONS" are meaningless.

the safety dept does the running regarding some issues, and abandonment is one of them. so say for instance you had an accident and didn't give all the details or you just didn't add it to your application, safety dept can "disqualify you".........

the safety dept can look at it like its just a drop yard, no security guards, no lights, no locks on the fence, no fence, bad neighborhood, bad factory smells from a nearby factory, etc,etc........

the safety dept can say anything and make it stick...

you need to find the EXACT person who "DAC'd you", and talk in a civil manner to that person.

forget about a personel manager, forget about a dispatcher, forget about the logbook lady, etc,etc...........

go to the actual source.............

till then, your "abandonment of equipment" will stick to you like flies to shiot...

if i can find something that "might" help you, i'll post later.

but in the maentime, contact DAC, get your free copy (unless you already did), and go throught the process of making a rebuttle.......time is wasting away..............

Mike

Staff member
This is exactly what happened to me several years ago with Tollie Freight out of Kansas City. I left their truck with them at one of their drop yards in Georgia as it was completely unsafe to drive.

I found out the hard way when going to another job as it showed up on my DAC. I handled it by calling the company immediately, and letting them know that if it wasn't removed I would be coming after them with a lawyer. They agreed to take it off, and also spoke with safety manager at the company I was going to telling them they would be removing that report.

Don't waste any time getting this handled.

mixerman

thanks guys for the advice .

hey guy s thanks for the advice, i was able to call the vp of operations and explain to him the situation. he investigated my report and agreed that i didnt get the help needed to get the truck repaired ... didnt agree with me leaving where it was left but dropped the abandonment charge as was in their secured lot . even got them to send me the updated dac report where it was taken off, again thanks for all the info was very helpful...

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
hey guy s thanks for the advice, i was able to call the vp of operations and explain to him the situation. he investigated my report and agreed that i didnt get the help needed to get the truck repaired ... didnt agree with me leaving where it was left but dropped the abandonment charge as was in their secured lot . even got them to send me the updated dac report where it was taken off, again thanks for all the info was very helpful...
well VERY GOOD for you....... :beep::tiphat: