Homemade tuna casserole

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
95359C75-562B-4F7A-B2A4-B56780FFEAFD.jpeg
Step one. The veggies. I don’t think this step is critical, I had peas and beans to use up.

Drain, place in a bowl, microwave one minute.

However, have everything else ready to go so they don’t cool off too much
D709E839-6392-455D-8782-B2F659B93E5A.jpeg
One can of tuna, drained at the same time as the veggies
E6F45452-78B5-4860-8093-BBC5C0F0B175.jpeg
One package instant rice

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
017A2BD5-0FE2-4F38-9C69-A449D8E1E2E7.jpeg
Now, I think the key to this casserole is the appropriate choice in condiments.

I went with ranch. It does a good job of blending the flavours together, without allowing the tuna to overwhelm the palate.

All in all, I give this three thumbs up. Cheap, easy, quick and delicious.

The only downfall is acting on r3gulator3 r3gulator3 advice I did not microwave the tuna. So the entire casserole was not a uniform temperature, however, when hungry this more than hit the spot

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
So there you have it buoys and gulls. You, too, can enjoy this meal and many others. A little imagination and some daring and you’d be surprised at the gourmet meals you can prepare in your truck.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
Hey, another good seasoning to add and you can use it on several things is Mrs. Dash. It’s salt free so it won’t increase the sodium content and it brings lifeless army food to a decent flavor. Used to be in every mess y’all I went to and now I keep it in the truck with me too.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Hey, another good seasoning to add and you can use it on several things is Mrs. Dash. It’s salt free so it won’t increase the sodium content and it brings lifeless army food to a decent flavor. Used to be in every mess y’all I went to and now I keep it in the truck with me too.
I have one can’t remember if it’s Mrs Dash or not, but got dang it adds lots of flavour

Powdered onion garlic and pepper good spices to have on the truck too

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
1 package dry noodles of your choice
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 medium can peas, drained
2 cans tuna packed in water, drained.

1 pan meal using an electric skillet, lunch box cooker or microwavable dish.

Cook noodles until al center, drain. Dump in remaining ingredients, season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until warmed through. If you like your casserole a little soupy, add a little water, but don't over do it: a quarter cup is probably more than most folks would like.

Can be reheated. Adding a little water helps.

GAnthony

Sudanese, pie eating, Canadian truck driver
Supporter
1 package dry noodles of your choice
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 medium can peas, drained
2 cans tuna packed in water, drained.

1 pan meal using an electric skillet, lunch box cooker or microwavable dish.

Cook noodles until al center, drain. Dump in remaining ingredients, season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until warmed through. If you like your casserole a little soupy, add a little water, but don't over do it: a quarter cup is probably more than most folks would like.

Can be reheated. Adding a little water helps.
i usually add a layer of cheese, makes it creamier, as well

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe nobody wants to duck walk to the bathroom 9 times in one day...

Just saying...

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
6 cans of tuna on the wall, 6 cans of tuna left, you knock one down you pass it around 5 cans of tuna left...

I have a can of beets, 6 cans of tuna, rice and pickled eggs. I think maybe some ranch left if not there’s a new bottle of Italian in there

I’m not sure how brave I’m feeling...

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
E352A943-9C36-41A2-8D3A-7A80F34FDE3F.jpeg
You only live once :dunno:

5 cans of tuna on the wall FIVE cans of tuna....