Hockey (the real sport) 2019-2020

r3gulator3

Professional mFinG Asshole-ee-0
Supporter
Sad day for the hawks losing the season opener to Philly in Prague. They went down fighting though. Patrick Kane had 2 goals in the game but Crawford is looking a little shaky in the net. I dunno that he’s really recovered from the concussion. We will see as the season progresses.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Toronto Maple Leafs fire coach Mike Babcock.
What it comes down to is the players were just not responding to him. He will be okay. He walks away with 3 years left on his 8 million a year contract. So if my math is right he will make 24 million to just stay home and shut the **** up.

Moving forward, Sheldon Keefe will be the new coach.
Keefe has not even coached one game yet and I have already started calling him... Sheldon Queef!:biglaugh:

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Eh, we will agree to disagree when comparing that to skating at 40+ MPH and physically contacting other people, getting hit by sticks and pucks, and fiat fighting at times for 60 minutes with 2 breaks in between as it being physical. It’s driving a car...I’ll stand on that.
race car drivers actually take a hell of a beating in even the most tame of races.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Mike Babcock.
8 million a year to tell the players, Hustle, hustle, Shoot the puck into the net boys! :foreheadslap:
As a coach. You get to see all of the other Winning teams play against the Leafs :thumbsup:.
The down side is.. You have to watch EVERY Leaf game:confused:

Too bad the Leafs GM, Kyle Dubas just rammed his hiring of Sheldon Keefe (queef) before even posting the position on Indeed.com

I would have taken the "at hockey player yeller" job for like, 6,000 a month, unlimited beer and Hardee's burgers, also to be unlimited. :harumph:

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
Mike Babcock.
8 million a year to tell the players, Hustle, hustle, Shoot the puck into the net boys! :foreheadslap:
As a coach. You get to see all of the other Winning teams play against the Leafs :thumbsup:.
The down side is.. You have to watch EVERY Leaf game:confused:

Too bad the Leafs GM, Kyle Dubas just rammed his hiring of Sheldon Keefe (queef) before even posting the position on Indeed.com

I would have taken the "at hockey player yeller" job for like, 6,000 a month, unlimited beer and Hardee's burgers, also to be unlimited. :harumph:
I'm really glad y'all have Hardee's burgers up there. They are my favorite fast food burger.

r3gulator3

Supporter
Do you ever get there chicken strips? At our local Hardee's they have great chicken strips too. I'm amazed they aren't always packed because it is so good. But normally just a few people there. Breakfast is always packed and drive through is lined up down the road.
Yes! I have never gotten anything from Hardee’s I didn’t like.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Yes! I have never gotten anything from Hardee’s I didn’t like.
I always get that Frisco burger and add ketchup.

I could eat those ham and cheese sammiches all day too. But then I'd be REALLY fat, not just regular fat.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I really should learn to just shut the **** up!
I told my little Sheldon Queef joke to the guy that I work with. As luck would have it he knows him. His kids and Sheldon played organised hockey together.
My buddy is friends with Sheldon's dad. He sent a text to Sheldon's dad last night wishing Sheldon good luck on his first night of coaching in the NHL and the Leafs.

Now had I put 2 and 2 together, I should have remembered that he would call Sheldon's dad and get tickets to any Toronto Marlies game (AHL).

My buddy wasn't mad or anything because, who cares what a truck driver says, Sheldon has played in the show! NHL for Tampa Bay, Coach of the marlies and now coaching the Leafs.

r3gulator3

Supporter
I really should learn to just shut the **** up!
I told my little Sheldon Queef joke to the guy that I work with. As luck would have it he knows him. His kids and Sheldon played organised hockey together.
My buddy is friends with Sheldon's dad. He sent a text to Sheldon's dad last night wishing Sheldon good luck on his first night of coaching in the NHL and the Leafs.

Now had I put 2 and 2 together, I should have remembered that he would call Sheldon's dad and get tickets to any Toronto Marlies game (AHL).

My buddy wasn't mad or anything because, who cares what a truck driver says, Sheldon has played in the show! NHL for Tampa Bay, Coach of the marlies and now coaching the Leafs.
That’s cool that you almost know him by proxy. I know no one in the AHL or NHL. I just like to watch it man. I mean you probably learned to cross check before you was outta diapers. I had to hit teen years to learn what hockey was when my brother in law took me to a USHL game. It was a ****ing blast. Been hooked ever since. I caught a puck at that game!

Blackhawks ain’t been doing so good, Crawford isn’t covering the goal like he used to and even with Shaw back in the ranks we need to get our defense game up and allow Shaw and Kane and Toewes more shots on goal.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
That’s cool that you almost know him by proxy. I know no one in the AHL or NHL. I just like to watch it man. I mean you probably learned to cross check before you was outta diapers. I had to hit teen years to learn what hockey was when my brother in law took me to a USHL game. It was a ****ing blast. Been hooked ever since. I caught a puck at that game!

Blackhawks ain’t been doing so good, Crawford isn’t covering the goal like he used to and even with Shaw back in the ranks we need to get our defense game up and allow Shaw and Kane and Toewes more shots on goal.
I went to school with Mike Pecca. He is a pretty easy going guy off the ice, he was pretty tough on ice.
I never learned to cross-check I never played organised hockey. Just us boys playing road hockey or hockey on a pond. None of us could afford to be in Hockey. But, we had fun on the pond.
That's awesome that your brother in-law got you into the sport. :thumbsup:

The Blackhawks always have a strong team even if they are in a slump.