Hey what's with those new trailers out here!

quillcom

Sand would destroy them quickly I would think

"• Depending upon configuration, the Timpte Roughneck trailer will accommodate a payload of 54,000 lbs. or more (27+ tons) of frac sand. This is based upon a tractor"

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
"• Depending upon configuration, the Timpte Roughneck trailer will accommodate a payload of 54,000 lbs. or more (27+ tons) of frac sand. This is based upon a tractor"

I'd think the aluminum wouldn't hold up to sand abrasion.

Or is that the "steel wear plate"?

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
They would be more used by the general populous, depending on the what you brought to market, where you are. I have customers that have these tanks cleaned and certified for Jet-A and the JP grades of aviation fuels. They are great for modest FBO's while their regular storage tanks are being refurbished or replaced.
I would think when an FBO is having tanks replaced or refurbished they would just use fuel trucks. I've never seen it happen at an airport but I saw a marina use a fuel truck for about a week while they got the new containment system installed a new tank.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
I would think when an FBO is having tanks replaced or refurbished they would just use fuel trucks. I've never seen it happen at an airport but I saw a marina use a fuel truck for about a week while they got the new containment system installed a new tank.
The military uses these huge fuel bladders when they run exercises in places with insufficient storage. Pretty wild to take 10's of truckloads of fuel that just gets pumped into a giant rubber.

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
The military uses these huge fuel bladders when they run exercises in places with insufficient storage. Pretty wild to take 10's of truckloads of fuel that just gets pumped into a giant rubber.
I saw those on something on TV. They were pretty cool. I've seen smaller ones they use on boats or small planes that just don't have the capacity for the long trip they're taking. Do they reuse the big ones the military uses?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
The VC lobbed a mortar into one next to the flightline at Bien Hoa.. sent a million gallons of JP4 up in flames.

Last edited:

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Supporter
Our water purification guys filled one with purified water from the Euphrates River and we played on it like a bounce house. 🤣🤣

Duck

Kleenex
Supporter
I posted the exact same question here once. Some moderator added to the thread title

Latest posts