help lol

mattk276

looking for advice on what i should do looking to make the job change into trucking.... my driving record is pretty bad though i have 3 dui'.... is there any compay that will hire me? only been 3 years since last dui.... or will i need to go out and get my own truck? not reallly sure what i want to pull yet i just want to make good money and see the country.

mattk276

lol that will never be my job lol cant make money in fast food i currently run heavy equipment building neighborhoods. but like i said looking for a job change lol.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
looking for advice on what i should do looking to make the job change into trucking.... my driving record is pretty bad though i have 3 dui'.... is there any compay that will hire me? only been 3 years since last dui.... or will i need to go out and get my own truck? not reallly sure what i want to pull yet i just want to make good money and see the country.
Stay sober and no traffic violations for at least 2 more years, then maybe.

mattk276

with three dui's I really doubt you will get a trucking job at least with any reputable company
Lol as long as I could make at least close to the same. And could get time behind the wheel lol idc how bad they are I’m just gonna have to suck it up

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
try

www.carolinacargo.com

www.westernexpress.com

can't tell you if they will hire you or not, it's up to YOU to tell us if they will.

good luck

mattk276

Lol I hope to get on somewhere and be a company driver for at least the required time I need too. For a company that will give me a chance to get started in the industry and help me get my cdl

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Lol I hope to get on somewhere and be a company driver for at least the required time I need too. For a company that will give me a chance to get started in the industry and help me get my cdl
we cannot do more for you, you have to do the rest.

we really do not know fully who will or will not hire you.

we all have opinions on your fate as a driver.

mine is the same as many others.

too many DUI's in ANY time frame ANY company has allowances for.

again, good luck, let us know

mattk276

Does anybody know if my dui’s will hurt me as an owner operator? Or will it just hurt my pockets from my insurance bill? I may just have to go that way if I can’t find a company

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Does anybody know if my dui’s will hurt me as an owner operator? Or will it just hurt my pockets from my insurance bill? I may just have to go that way if I can’t find a company
As an O/O you will still have the same problems trying to get your truck on with a company as you would as a driver. Insurance rules who gets a seat and who don't it is the same for O/O.
Even if you went full on Independant and I don't recommend that for anyone that has not turned a mile, Your insurance will dictate.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Lol as long as I could make at least close to the same. And could get time behind the wheel lol idc how bad they are I’m just gonna have to suck it up
That depends. Is your current salary pathetic? If so, you might not have to take much of a cut. If you can find a place.