hello from Australia

OzConvoy

Thread starter #1
Hello from Australia.

I do not drive a truck. But I am interested in the trucking industry. Especially the differences between Australia and the US. So I will be starting a few threads about that.

OzConvoy

Thread starter #3
Australia has massive truck convoy systems. Especially on the Hume Highway and the Pacific Highway [probably the two main long haul truck routes] . If you drive a car in the opposite direction truck after truck just hurtles past, lights followed by lights. You ;lose count of the convoy's size. The US seems to be a different system with solo trucks.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Howdy. It's changing though... they'd like to put convoys of robots on the road.

OzConvoy

Thread starter #5
Thats the next step isn't it. Australia has almost totally automated systems of mining; mining vehicles on sites are self driving with no humans. Automated trucks? Hmm. I will have to play the song by Red Simpson "I'm a truck".

Thats the next step isn't it. Australia has almost totally automated systems of mining; mining vehicles on sites are self driving with no humans. Automated trucks? Hmm. I will have to play the song by Red Simpson "I'm a truck".
Don't forget some Red Sovine.....