Heading to crengland

CoffeeAddict

Alright so I've been doing a crap ton of reading about all the negative information on C.R. England. I'm going to be heading out to the Richmond Indiana facility in about a week. I know that people are saying its terrible and that they will try and force you into leasing a truck from them.

When I applied and then contacted the recruiter I was told the following
1. Admin fess will be waived (only have to pay the 37 permit fee)
2. If I'm there for 9 months I will have to pay nothing of the tuition.
3. Bus and Lodging provided to get there.

Now I'm going to say that normally after what I've read I would just outright walk away from a company. I've told companies that had said I could start that I would not work for them (One I even printed a bunch of what I read and dropped on desk and walked out). I understand (for the most part) what I'm going to have to deal with concerning this.

Unfortunately I'm in a position where because it is a possible job I just can't walk away. I've been driving school buses for about 4 years now but because of the company I don't have air-brake I've only got the CDL-B with Passenger and School Bus endorsement. I'm looking at it this way. If I can managed to pass and get my class A then I'll stick with them until that 9 (more likely 1 year) time period is up and then move on to another company. If I had any other way of getting the class A I would but you know in a way this is my best option at the moment. I'm also looking at it as I've been driving a 40ft bus for a few years and somewhat know the rules of the road. I know when it is safe to be on and where my comfort level is in inclement weather.

What are your thoughts?

P.S I know most of you are going to tell me to run.

2xR

******* Derelict *******
Supporter
You stated that you've read and understand the negatives. No reason for me to pile on.

Here's a thought: You already have a CDL-B with a "P" endorsement. Go take the air brake test, then get yourself hooked up with a motorcoach company. Financially you'll do as well (likely better), you'll go to better locations, you'll eat well, get tips, won't have to live in a truck, and, be home more often.

Just sayin'....

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
Here's my thought,you won't last 9 months,doubt you'll last a month.Nothing against you though.That's just my thought.I won't say anymore.

Duck

Trump
Supporter
Please impersonate this smiley >> :bonk:

Then follow 2xR's advice.

If you choose to stick with CR England though, please keep us informed. Sometimes we all get a little disgruntled with our own employers and enjoy reading stuff like that so we can say "look on the bright side, at least I don't drive for CR England"

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Alright so I've been doing a crap ton of reading about all the negative information on C.R. England. I'm going to be heading out to the Richmond Indiana facility in about a week. I know that people are saying its terrible and that they will try and force you into leasing a truck from them.

When I applied and then contacted the recruiter I was told the following
1. Admin fess will be waived (only have to pay the 37 permit fee)
2. If I'm there for 9 months I will have to pay nothing of the tuition.
3. Bus and Lodging provided to get there.

Now I'm going to say that normally after what I've read I would just outright walk away from a company. I've told companies that had said I could start that I would not work for them (One I even printed a bunch of what I read and dropped on desk and walked out). I understand (for the most part) what I'm going to have to deal with concerning this.

Unfortunately I'm in a position where because it is a possible job I just can't walk away. I've been driving school buses for about 4 years now but because of the company I don't have air-brake I've only got the CDL-B with Passenger and School Bus endorsement. I'm looking at it this way. If I can managed to pass and get my class A then I'll stick with them until that 9 (more likely 1 year) time period is up and then move on to another company. If I had any other way of getting the class A I would but you know in a way this is my best option at the moment. I'm also looking at it as I've been driving a 40ft bus for a few years and somewhat know the rules of the road. I know when it is safe to be on and where my comfort level is in inclement weather.

What are your thoughts?

?????????????

How do you hold a CLASS-B "without" AIRBRAKES

Maybe your state is different but without AIR-BRAKE Endorsement

best you can possibly hold is CLASS-C

A class-b REQUIRES AIR-BRAKES while not a BIG rig still some BIG wicked **** SINGLE FRAME

SORRY something don't add up exactly

krelithous

Supporter
you'll starve as a company driver then they will starve you more so you'll get suckered into the lease deal don't do it. run like hell like your hair was on fire from em

DubbleD

Color Commentator
There's a reason these companies "CHURN"... Everyone that gets invited to the party thinks they're special.

We can't change some things, we can only try to educate.

Good luck special!

** Commie Express **
Supporter
I don't think you need air brake anymore for class B. Ryder rental trucks and school buses have air brakes but no endorsement required.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Air Brake endorsement is just a written test and $10. What's the problem?

Black Knight

Good luck in your endeavor. You already know the negatives, so do whatever you feel is right. Who knows maybe you will be one of the few who will have a positive experience.

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
What are your thoughts?

Establish an alternate identity so you'll still be able to function somewhat after CRE screws you over with DAC and wrecks your credit.

What??...
That WAS looking on the bright side.

krelithous

Supporter
England don't fire anybody,they all quit before they get a chance.But every once in a great while I read success stories.Only time will tell.
iv'e heard one good story about a company driver that's about it. ive heard they all of a sudden don't have any trucks available if they don't want to lease a truck as well or they will starve you out of the truck if your a company driver as well to try and get you to lease a truck. i'm sure the ones that quit are former flease operators that are in the hole. I hope this person is not doing a lease purchase deal!!:eek:. after taking out there variable mileage rate leaves it at .74 cents a mile not counting anything else they take out now who in the hell can run a truck on .74 cents a mile it's desighned so that they fail and they get the truck back and they re lease out to someone else and ofcourse it will be a noob with no experience. sad the way some of these companies take advantage of people:mad:. I hope he dosent do the lease deal

Reactions: 2xR

Tominator

My recommendation would of been to goto Prime, I may not be there anymore but over all as a starter company they are probably the least worst of them, plus I think they rasied there starting pay to .35 a mile for a company driver

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
My recommendation would of been to goto Prime, I may not be there anymore but over all as a starter company they are probably the least worst of them, plus I think they rasied there starting pay to .35 a mile for a company driver
Prime is not bad for company drivers, as long as you don't mind being home four times a year for three days a shot.

Resisting the intense pressure to lease is very difficult. If you go to Prime, DO NOT LEASE!

Latest posts