Head light

when I trun on high beams lows go dim why

I grounded the high beam because it was keeping my high indicator on looked like it was looking for a ground

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
You have a 4 square sealed lamp set up? (2headlamps on each side)

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Your most likely culprit is the dimmer in the turn switch. They commonly go bad. Unfortunately you have to replace the whole turn switch.

That don't make sences when it was work fine before I changed head light from regular seal beams to afther Markit

Nomad1

That don't make sences when it was work fine before I changed head light from regular seal beams to afther Markit
Having that information in the beginning might have helped. Change them back and see if it's fixed. Most aftermarket headlights are junk.

Having that information in the beginning might have helped. Change them back and see if it's fixed. Most aftermarket headlights are junk.
That's the first thing I tried I was a mechanic and I have worked on every thing from lawnmowers to bulldozers

Nomad1

Is the wire providing the power to the lights a sufficient size? Is your ground good? Check the voltage with it on dim and bright. Some lights are designed to do that to extend bulb life and make things easier on the electrical system.