Fuel Economy Having Side Skirts Installed On My Trailer Tomorrow.

Duck

Trump
Supporter
You ever hear of something called an "average?" Of course not...

A 90- day average gives you a good handle on what a change did for you. Long term averages smooths out those bumps in the data.
Very long term. There's seasonal changes, different winds, temperatures, winter fuel vs summer,

Tires get smaller as they wear, etc.

You're the one who decided to nitpick this anyway. 🤔

dchawk81

Supporter
Well if he starts getting 12mpg, he'll know all those things are worth it.

Then he can become a consultant to the megas and make megabucks.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Very long term. There's seasonal changes, different winds, temperatures, winter fuel vs summer,

Tires get smaller as they wear, etc.

You're the one who decided to nitpick this anyway. 🤔
No one is "nit picking" here Duck Duck - except for you. There's no argument that a better approximation to the actual value occurs as the sample size is increased, but the approximation converges to the actual value fairly rapidly unless the error is skewed in one direction only... that's usually not the case.

It's certainly better than the What*Me*Worry wild ass guess approach.

Mike

Staff member
I suppose you're aware that by changing three things at once there's no way to attribute any performance change or fraction thereof to any specific one of the changes...

:foreheadslap:
Definitely aware.

The air filter has had more than enough testing via others to know it is an improvement. If nothing else, a performance improvement.

Side skirts have pretty consistently proved themselves as well. I verified this at Schneider running similar lanes with and without them. MPG and stability boost.

Getting the work done now was about time management. Taking some time off for spring break with the family, so it’s a great time to leave the trailer with Great Dane and leave the truck with Freightliner.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I won’t see the trailer til Tuesday or Wednesday.
Pictures when you do. Please/thanks

Hey, while I think of it..... how far is it from the back of your cab fairings to the front of your trailer? Or just back of cab to front of trailer

Duck

Trump
Supporter
No one is "nit picking" here Duck Duck - except for you. There's no argument that a better approximation to the actual value occurs as the sample size is increased, but the approximation converges to the actual value fairly rapidly unless the error is skewed in one direction only... that's usually not the case.

It's certainly better than the What*Me*Worry wild ass guess approach.
There ya go. 😅