Have you done a good deed today?

bigyellowpete

Town Bike
Supporter
I did.

I was southbound on 81 today in VA, about the 150 yard stick, whne I heard a guy on the radio asking if any north bound drivers had an air-to-air clamp. I didn't hear anyone answer, and he said he was at the 145.4, so I told him I would stop on my side and get him one out of my parts bin. Believe it or not, I had 6 of these clamps in my truck. What are the odds?

Long story short, I dodged the traffic and met him in the median to hand over the clamp, and then fought my way back into traffic and on up the hill.

I can't remember what those clamps are worth, but it didn't really matter to me. I am pretty sure I won't blow 6 off all in the same day, and if I do, hopefully someone stops and gives me a spare from their stock.

I must admit, it felt pretty good to help a brother from another mother out of a jam. That was all the repayment I needed.

kickin chicken

Batteries Not Included
I did.

I was southbound on 81 today in VA, about the 150 yard stick, whne I heard a guy on the radio asking if any north bound drivers had an air-to-air clamp. I didn't hear anyone answer, and he said he was at the 145.4, so I told him I would stop on my side and get him one out of my parts bin. Believe it or not, I had 6 of these clamps in my truck. What are the odds?

Long story short, I dodged the traffic and met him in the median to hand over the clamp, and then fought my way back into traffic and on up the hill.

I can't remember what those clamps are worth, but it didn't really matter to me. I am pretty sure I won't blow 6 off all in the same day, and if I do, hopefully someone stops and gives me a spare from their stock.

I must admit, it felt pretty good to help a brother from another mother out of a jam. That was all the repayment I needed.
Old school type truckers are becoming a rarity, sadly.
Kudos to you, BYP! Way to go!

2xR

******* Derelict *******
Supporter
That was mighty nice of you BYP.

I was home alone all day. There was no one who needed any good deeds done.... 'cept for the neighbor's dog. She came over so we took a water break in the man cave. She likes the cool concrete floor, and, I needed to give the lawn mower a break, so, we just chilled for a while.

bigyellowpete

Town Bike
Supporter
That was mighty nice of you BYP.

I was home alone all day. There was no one who needed any good deeds done.... 'cept for the neighbor's dog. She came over so we took a water break in the man cave. She likes the cool concrete floor, and, I needed to give the lawn mower a break, so, we just chilled for a while.
If this is the neglected dog you talked about befriending in your 20 thread, then it looks like your good deeds are continuing. Nicely done.

GroceryHauler

Nice job, it's always good to know there are still people out there who will help a stranger.

My good deed for the day was writing out a set of directions for a couple of Hindu gentlemen who are trying to get to Atlanta, GA from Des Moines.

j911brick

I was changing my alternator bracket last week and nobody even came by to say hello. That ok, in the past anybody who has offered to help had no help to offer.

help: Do you need and help?
Me: Do you have any tools?
help: nope
me: do you have any skills?
help: nope.
me: yes, you can help by walking away (I don't really say that).

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I helped that African guy get his axles slid at the Waverly scale two weeks ago, after they corrected me and let me go without a fine. The very next week, I got fined, and had to correct my weights.

So my good deed this week was to get routed right the hell around that scale, and save that nice officer the aggravation of having to weigh me.

j911brick

I helped that African guy get his axles slid at the Waverly scale two weeks ago, after they corrected me and let me go without a fine. The very next week, I got fined, and had to correct my weights.

So my good deed this week was to get routed right the hell around that scale, and save that nice officer the aggravation of having to weigh me.
Why were you running over weight to begin with?

Mike

Staff member
I didn't punch the guy who knocked on my truck door and woke me up this morning, is that a good deed?

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
Good for you Pete,I would have done the same thing.Problem with todays drivers,no one wants to take alittle time out to help others.

Gased

Nope, no good deeds from me today.

BYP, you are a dying breed out there on the concrete jungles. No good deed goes un-noticed. Hammer down driver, you done good!

j911brick

Good for you Pete,I would have done the same thing.Problem with today's drivers,no one wants to take alittle time out to help others.
Problem is its not always safe anymore. There are allot of psychos and criminals in this business these days. Also: If you pull over to the side of the road you opening up the opportunity for the DOT to start getting nosy (happen to me twice). I think we are in too much of a hurry these day as well.