Hammer goes to the Dark Side...

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Well, I almost made it to The Canada today. Only 5 miles away. Town was in a valley though, so I couldn't see it.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Minot and Stanley today. At least the spares are properly secured on these van cutaways, today. Had to wrestle a couple into the cab on Tuesday. They were just sitting loose on the frame. 🙄

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Nobody has any idea what you just said.

If there’s another car hauler in here they’re one hell of a lurker...

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
SmartSelect_20191009-001838_Chrome.jpg

Well yee-****ing-haw! I'll be leaving Minneapolis Thursday and my drops are in the pink band. Not going to be able to make my pickups in time tomorrow (In Steele now, and have to drop one in Aberdeen on my way in,) I'll have to spend the night in the Cities somewhere.

Oh well, it will get me out of this can't-start-until-9 grind I've been stuck in.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Had a suicidal Bambi tonight. Never saw it until it popped up on the shoulder at dead run, within 20-30 feet of me. I figured I was losing a bumper at a minimum. Nope.

When I expected another stride, it instead leapt as if it was trying to jump the truck, from about the middle of the other lane. Trajectory was such that it looked like it was coming thru the windshield. Fortunately for me, the front post caught it. Head hit the breather lights, haunches and legs slammed and dented the driver's door. It's stomach and some intestines were laying on the step. Never touched the front of the truck, although a leg caught the turn signal and snapped it off.

Little as it was, I'm guessing momma was close by, and spooked baby was headed that way. 20191010_191130.jpg20191010_191139.jpg20191010_191148.jpg

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
It’s amazing how much poop comes out of a deer when you hit them. It’s like “do that in the field not on my vehicle.”

Wife hit a deer yesterday in the Traverse too.

I had one slam into me and dent the rear door on the pickup on the way to work.

Can we make gun deer season 9 months long?

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
It’s amazing how much poop comes out of a deer when you hit them. It’s like “do that in the field not on my vehicle.”

I'm sure if you hit a truck you'd spray poop everywhere too. Especially on a trucker diet.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter

we can make deer season 14 months long, 26 hours a day, 12 days a week...no bag limits, for the useless animals that they are.

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
Here in TN the season is pretty much come kill as many as you want. I think it's 3 or 4 a day. The ****ers aren't even scared of us anymore. They stand in the yard and eat. Soon we will be able to pet them. They have started eating the roses at the front of the house. The ones beside the front door. I expect to come home one day and see them in the porch swing.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Here in TN the season is pretty much come kill as many as you want. I think it's 3 or 4 a day. The ****ers aren't even scared of us anymore. They stand in the yard and eat. Soon we will be able to pet them. They have started eating the roses at the front of the house. The ones beside the front door. I expect to come home one day and see them in the porch swing.
Here in PA it's up to the limit of your deductible. Otherwise bag as many as you can hit.

I was down in Virginia and literally had to push them out of the way with my truck. They just stood there with me at a dead stop on the road.

Felt like I was plowing a liberal protest. Very satisfying, TBH.