Hair Follicle Drug Test

Do you support hair follicle Drug Test for drivers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Komainu

Seems as though they could be the industry standard soon. Though they’re dragging their feet implementing it, could this be because they’re not as accurate as advertised? Do the companies doing hair test on top of the DOT urine test have a better safety record than those who don’t? Or is this just yet another unnecessary rule that won’t make us any safer, like Elogs.

Do you support this ? When I got hit with a random urine test last week there was a guy at the clinic taking a hair test, they shaved most of his chest, so it’s not just one hair they want. Didn’t look like much fun to me.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
That's what happens- rules (usually called a law) punishes the many for the actions of the few.
Agreed. As long as the consequences for breaking the rules are known, I have no issues picking and choosing which rules to follow.

It’s an interesting paradox, living in a free country grants you the freedom to follow or break rules, the justice system then decides punishment if caught, but in a structured framework

Komainu

I think it’s insulting that they think I would get behind the wheel impaired. But, there’s enough idiots out there that ruined it for the rest of us
These drug test are too problematic. Darker hair individuals will test positive more than those with blonde or gray hair. Urine test detect pot the longest time, while more dangerous drugs like opiates are only detected for a day or 2 after use.

The only fair thing to determine intoxication is motor skills testing. It shows if someone is impaired in real time.

I’d scrap urine and hair test and simply use motor skills testing if it was up to me.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
These drug test are too problematic. Darker hair individuals will test positive more than those with blonde or gray hair. Urine test detect pot the longest time, while more dangerous drugs like opiates are only detected for a day or 2 after use.

The only fair thing to determine intoxication is motor skills testing. It shows if someone is impaired in real time.

I’d scrap urine and hair test and simply use motor skills testing if it was up to me.
Ohio has a really tough roadside inspection procedure :cautious:

I even said as much to the officer, that I wasn’t sure if it was possible while sober.

He showed me it was. Well, yeah, he’s practised!!

I guess at a certain speed over the speed limit it’s mandatory, apparently 26 mph over qualifies :cautious:

10 am doing the hokey pokey on the shoulder with one of Ohio’s finest.....:biglaugh:

Komainu

Ohio has a really tough roadside inspection procedure :cautious:

I even said as much to the officer, that I wasn’t sure if it was possible while sober.

He showed me it was. Well, yeah, he’s practised!!

I guess at a certain speed over the speed limit it’s mandatory, apparently 26 mph over qualifies :cautious:

10 am doing the hokey pokey on the shoulder with one of Ohio’s finest.....:biglaugh:
Yeah it’s usually pretty obvious when one is too impaired to drive. Here’s some examples. The last one is my favorite.

tommyh

Yeah it’s usually pretty obvious when one is too impaired to drive. Here are some examples. The last one is my favorite.

number 3 booze in......booze out ,when you gotta go, you gotta go

number 2 belonged with the hole in the wall gang

Komainu

I think hair being required is BS, urine for employee screening and blood for severe wrecks is good enough. Who gives a damn if Jim bob smoked a doob on his vacation to Vancouver 6 months ago.
Yeah, with so many states legalizing marijuana it shouldn’t even be on the list of tested substances. Most drug test failures are not someone high at the time of driving. They got high when off duty. And what a man does in his own time is his own business.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
It's doubtful that transportation workers in safety-sensitive jobs (e.g., drivers, pilots) will ever be exempted from drug testing, especially as drugs such as weed is legalized. And yeah, because public safety is involved, the government does have a right to intrude on what you do out of the seat.

You've got a choice... have a driving job and don't smoke it. Flip burgers and toke up. If you want to be a doper, go do something else.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
It's doubtful that transportation workers in safety-sensitive jobs (e.g., drivers, pilots) will ever be exempted from drug testing, especially as drugs such as weed is legalized. And yeah, because public safety is involved, the government does have a right to intrude on what you do out of the seat.

You've got a choice... have a driving job and don't smoke it. Flip burgers and toke up. If you want to be a doper, go do something else.
Except alcohol exists and blows your whole notion out of the water.

There's no ban on drinking over the weekend when you're off duty. There isn't even a ban on drinking the same day you hop in a CMV. You just gotta cut yourself off 4 hours before you start so you can sober up.

So yeah. If you're not under the influence at the time you're operating the vehicle, you shouldn't get pegged for it. Just like your weekend wine cooler binge is A-OK. IMHO.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Except alcohol exists and blows your whole notion out of the water.

There's no ban on drinking over the weekend when you're off duty. There isn't even a ban on drinking the same day you hop in a CMV. You just gotta cut yourself off 4 hours before you start so you can sober up.

So yeah. If you're not under the influence at the time you're operating the vehicle, you shouldn't get pegged for it. Just like your weekend wine cooler binge is A-OK. IMHO.
I know, and was just as conflicted as y'all are when I was younger. I'll state without attribution that y'all haven't even come close to the amount of weed I've consumed in my life.

Alcohol is legal, weed isn't most places.

Any trace of alcohol in your system is illegal by law as a CMV driver and half the amount a car driver consumes to trigger a DUI will put you in hack.

Drop a hot sample (no matter how its collected) and you're done. As it should be.

That's how it is. Deal with it.

Duck

My other car is a POS too
Supporter
Any trace of alcohol in your system is illegal by law as a CMV driver and half the amount a car driver consumes to trigger a DUI will put you in hack.
Actually it's not zero. There's a certain amount of alcohol in your system that occurs naturally.

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
did you ever think that they may be getting more information than just whether or not there is drugs in your system hair also give a perfect DNA sample and they claim the DNA data base is growing exponentially

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
did you ever think that they may be getting more information than just whether or not there is drugs in your system hair also give a perfect DNA sample and they claim the DNA data base is growing exponentially
They already got my DNA in a data base. But I was acquitted of all charges.....just kidding it’s in the AAF database for body ID in the event my remains were not identifiable.

I don’t give a **** about the DNA man, whatever they got my finger prints on record too. But, to do a six month review is stupid. Here’s a scenario.

I go to a bar and order a drink and someone puts GHB, Roofies, or Hash oil in it and I consume it unknowingly, I know I’m ****ed up and get to my house or go to the hospital. Even with a police report filed, I am still on vacation for the next two weeks, plenty of time to be out of my system before going back to work I get piped for a random and pass after 1 month. Now 3 more months go by and I get a hair test and I’m fired for a positive hit...now I try to defend myself but the black mark is there. I’m screwed over something that had there not been a hair requirement would have been a non issue.

And yes! I have gotten a spiked drink before. I am very Leary of where I buy drinks now.