GPS

Skateboard puller

Hozer Witta Hood
The atlas can be the absolute cat's ass......if you're running in the U.S. This side of the border it is as useless as tits on a bull. I don't even know why they even bothered to print Canada maps since there is no information on or about them.

That said I've faired well up here with a combination of common sense, windows, extensive use of street views, and prior knowledge. I've yet to own a truck GPS. I will say though they are much much better about signing places you're ok as well as where they don't want you over here. A lot of the "no truck" signs here are planted for no reason other than spite though. That's where that "prior knowledge" comes in.
Testify!

I see no need for a truck gps. I can read maps and use common sense to drive. Ain’t no got dang black box tell me where to drive or where not to drive

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Testify!

I see no need for a truck gps. I can read maps and use common sense to drive. Ain’t no got dang black box tell me where to drive or where not to drive
Only stupid mofo's allow black boxes to tell 'em what to do. It's the stupidest mofo's that remained mired a past that has long left them in the dust.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Only stupid mofo's allow black boxes to tell 'em what to do. It's the stupidest mofo's that remained mired a past that has long left them in the dust.
GPS is just a tool as is Google maps and satt. I mostly use my GPS and my smartphone for Google maps is a back up. My paper map is a back up to those back ups.

Google satt has saved me when things don't look or sound right on the GPS.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I use Google sat view to check things out before I get there because there's so many places I go that I've never been before. GPS is good for planning, plus the weather and traffic overlays help out enroute.

Does "it" tell me where to go? Hardly. If I don't like its canned "rowting" (LOL!) it gets changed. Yesterday "it" got told the route through central Chicago totally blowed. We went to Beloit, and hanged a left to Racine.

Do I need the GPS to get to where I'm going? No. In the world of ELDs, waiting for a couple of days to get "rescheduled" and other such ****, its another tool to make sure I'm ahead of the losers that get themselves screwed by the system.