Good Boss Bad Drivers

Trucker186

Weekends working for a Smallong company Pulling Tanker. NOT GONNA SAY WHERE OR WHO. We have had 9 or 10 Accidents this year. WE HAVE AROUND 30 TRUCKS. 4 are roll overs. 1 very recent. Actually it's probable around 11 we had a accident (Not at fault they wrote up the other driver. VERY VERY minor accident did about 15 bucks in damages to the trailer.) Our trucks and trailers are beaten. I've been in 1 farm a driver had hit the wall in the Milk room. Our trucks are dirty inside and out. The Boss is trying to fix it. He lost his Fleet Manager (Great guy new his stuff) and has been sick the last... 2 weeks. He fired a bunch of the idiots in our flatbed division. He's trying to get good people in the Milk. He has a few but not enough. The good guys are the Part Timers. We haven't Damaged our truck or trailer except for a slightly bent stack WHICH WE FIXED. Was pulling in to unload and the 1 bay has a extra step from the cat walk thing. It's the only bay like it. Boss is very nice,he works hard but needs better people.

Trucker186

Yer the expert. Crack the whip... Snap to it.
All I'll say is this. The previous company we worked for that hauled milk (Left milk industry now) is STILL beloved by The farmers. There were really 3 guys that kicked ass (4 if you count me) 1 Great Driver 1 Good driver but he quit and left twice and then us. The farmers loved all of us and our boss. We were there On time and didn't break things. We ran Exhd Petes Big Acert Cats and 18 speed. Got great MPG and pulled like nobody's business. The owner knew how to turn a wrench. 600hp Single Turbo Conversation. We were loaded 90k to 100k. Got 6.9 MPG average. The 600Hp truck is in my Profile Picture. I miss that company but things happened people quit and the company is still great but doesn't run milk nor have a driver in our area. We ran weekends.

Trucker186

Nope. The boss tuned her himself. Not A Cat Rerate. Single turbo. There was deadhead in there yes a lot of it. It got 6.0mpg loaded I would guess,but loaded heavy. If I'm ever in those trucks again in can take a picture of the mpg book in the truck from the Boss. Small company,He had those trucks built to run. Also just because you have 600 hp dent mean you use it. A big part of mpg is load on the engine so that's why a good driver can get better mpg out of a larger more powerful engine than a Mega in a little 435. I guess I can't prove the Mpg with out the little notepad in the truck which I don't have so... call me a liar if you want. I know that it's true.

Trucker186

T
4?!!

Is yer boss paying them extra to roll 'em?
Lmao yeah I know. There a bunch of slob idiots aka steering wheel holders.