Getting Blown...over that is

Mike

Staff member
The wind was harsh today.

Rolling across 80 in Nebraska, Grossing 79K with seed. I was running right at 55mph most of the time and literally unable to keep the truck in my lane. Thought I was going over a few times. Made my delivery in York, and I think everything west of Grand Rapids was closed. 80, 70, 76, pretty much everywhere was closed down.

One guy started sliding across the parking lot. Not in the truck, but in his tennis shoes. Ground was icy, and as he was trying to walk back to his truck, the wind just started pushing him along. Walking was an adventure out there this morning for sure at the receiver.

Another guy tried to latch his trailer door open. Thought he had the chain latched good, but found out he didn't as the door slammed him in the back of the head and put him on the ground immediately. I got over to that guy as quickly as possible to make sure he was ok, and to help him get his doors pinned open. He laughed it off outside, but you could tell while we were inside waiting to be unloaded that he was in pain.

My reload fell through, so I had no load to get home. Found a load west of York, but closed roads made that virtually impossible. Found another load up north of Omaha, but the highways up there were closed as well.

With the snow, and the wind blowing as hard as it was, I called it a week and started making my way home. Headed straight south on 81 into Kansas (rather than totally fighting the wind with an empty trailer), then cut back east when I got to Wichita. Driving empty was an adventure.

quillcom

Another guy tried to latch his trailer door open. Thought he had the chain latched good, but found out he didn't as the door slammed him in the back of the head and put him on the ground immediately.
Why does not every trailer have those safety loops to prevent that.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Caught some pretty good side gusts the night before last on my westbound legs as the squall lines moved through AL/TN/AR/MO. Definitely had to slow down through northern AL.

Duck

Trump
Supporter
Another guy tried to latch his trailer door open. Thought he had the chain latched good, but found out he didn't as the door slammed him in the back of the head and put him on the ground immediately. I got over to that guy as quickly as possible to make sure he was ok,
That's what separates humans from the animals.

Humans render aid.

Animals pull out their phones and pose for selfies. 😡

Duck

Trump
Supporter
yeah, mofos kept changing/censoring the original title. thought that b.s. was over when i left ttr, guess not.
Search engines index that stuff and certain phrases get....
I don't know.. I forgot.

Basically a bunch of nerdspeak and Google and blah blah blah blah thread titles gotta be kept somewhat clean.

I guess.

(((ME)))

One nasty storm ...... it had variety......high winds with tornadoes ,flooding, hail, rain , snow. Mother nature threw one heck of a party....Will be alot of insurance claims to be settled. Roads closers here.