Gathering Information on the Reality of Driving a Truck

Thread starter #1
I'm a 31 year old female who just got out of an abusive relationship that has left me banrupt in every way possible and I need a way to get back on my feet. I have a clean record both driving and criminal and being out on the road really appeals to me. I have always been a nomad of sorts do not like being tied down to one area, I love driving and I am just at a point in my life where this makes sense. I would really like to find a trucker that would let me ride with for 2 weeks before I get my CDL license so that I can really get a feel for what it's like out there before signing on since I am probably going to have to go through the trucking schools due to the aforementioned relationship and my own bad decisions that have left me broke and pretty screwed.

Any advice or if you know of a truck driver who would be willing to have a newbie tagalong for a couple weeks and frequents East Texas than hit me up!

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Unless you KNOW someone, it's actually against federal law for a company or driver to just eat you on the truck.

Even if they KNOW yo, they have to have express permission from the carrier.

Sinister

Order of The Gilded Flip Flop
Staff member
Supporter
Unless you KNOW someone, it's actually against federal law for a company or driver to just eat you on the truck.

I’m just quoting his post to preserve the typo because it’s hilarious.

dchawk81

I'd offer but I only have a day cab.