Gas station fuel cheaper than truck stop fuel?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
only if you want to get into deep ****!!! other than that buy at truck stops
It wouldn’t be me that gets in deep **** from IFTA....

I’m paying at least ten cents a litre less at the cardlock I started using, than the mom n pop gas station across the street. And that has to be at least another 5-10 cents less AGAIN from a truck stop

Hillbilly Canuck

Then pray tell why is it you can go to truck stops around here all day long and it's almost on par with any other gas station but only the Peelots rare as they are have the extravagant prices? Husky, Petro Pass, Esso etc are screwing everyone on IFTA taxes OR Flying J that's already been proven to be crooks are being crooks? I'm so confused. I just don't know what to believe anymore.

Mike

Staff member
Fuel pumps tend to have the federal tax listed, and you will see that it is listed even on the pumps at gas stations, at least any one that I have ever fueled at.

Off road diesel is clearly marked as such.

Silverwolf

Glad I live I Canada. Although our gas is expensive on its own, there are no laws were you fill up. I to date have never used a card lock. I always goto the regular gas station. Takes longer cause the nozzle is smaller and you can only pump 200 at a time, so it take 4 card runs. But no laws saying you can't do it. I save tons. Costco is already 10cents a litre cheaper, and Petro has the points. And boy these things accumulate points. Hahaha. Major savings.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I payed $1.04 at card lock yet the gas station was $1.25 today. On a little 130 litre fuel up that’s a $30 saving.

On a 800 fuel up that’s like....a lot of money being saved!

THBatMan8

Your standard gas station doesn't pay IFTA tax - commercial fuel tax. Its what's known as "off road diesel." That's fine for filling up a reefer tank, but putting it into a tractors fuel tank is against the law.
Damn, this thought crossed my mind before I even opened up this thread. 😂

THBatMan8

Learn to read, skippy

Does that clear up “you people” enough?
I read the part that you didn't care about IFTA just fine. Practice what you preach and then try this again. I don't have the patience for these stupid chest thumping games.

I think my forum avatar would be better suited if you used it instead of me.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I read the part that you didn't care about IFTA just fine. Practice what you preach and then try this again. I don't have the patience for these stupid chest thumping games.
I

Do

Not

Give

A

Rats

Ass

About

IFTA

Not my dog not my fight. I don’t have anything to do with IFTA. I don’t file it, I don’t pay it, I’m not registered for it

If any of those words are too big, let me know, skippy. I’ll try to shorten them up

Oh. I’m still not running dyed fuel

THBatMan8

Dyed fuel is offroad fuel meant for machinery such as tractors and whatnot and doesn't have anything to do with the IFTA tax.

If you don't participate in IFTA then you don't have to buy the higher taxed fuel, but don't get pissy when someone answers your question about why diesel at travel centers is more expensive.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Thanks for not helping, skippy

If you don’t know what you talking about don’t post up nonsense

Thanks, skippy

dchawk81

Supporter
Dyed fuel is offroad fuel meant for machinery such as tractors and whatnot and doesn't have anything to do with the IFTA tax.

If you don't participate in IFTA then you don't have to buy the higher taxed fuel, but don't get pissy when someone answers your question about why diesel at travel centers is more expensive.
We have gas stations. They sell road going diesel next to regular gas. They tax it at the car rate not the class 8 rate. Therefore car pump price is cheaper than truck stop pumps. It can even be the same gas station where the car pumps are cheaper than the class 8 pumps, the only difference between them being that it's physically impossible or very difficult to get a trailer in and out of the car area. It's the same fuel.

It's not dyed. It's for pickups and Volkswagens and such. Road legal. Taxed less because of the theory that heavier vehicles are more damaging to roads than lighter ones, the repairs being what the fuel tax is SUPPOSED to be for.

Last edited: