Freightliner Cascadia

jdemerich

So I hired in with a company. I have six years all endorsements perfect record. They say long haul miles plenty of loads, and that I would get a fleet truck with APU, FRIDGE,LOAD LOCK SUPPORT BRACKETS ON BACK TO STORE THEM.

I ended up in a rental they are keeping. I have none of these. I don't care about the Apu, they will pay for the load lock brackets and fridge.
There is no cabinet and slot for Freightliner fridge, has anyone bought a small college type fridge and used it with a strong power inverter? Thanks John

SueAnn

Supporter
So I hired in with a company. I have six years all endorsements perfect record. They say long haul miles plenty of loads, and that I would get a fleet truck with APU, FRIDGE,LOAD LOCK SUPPORT BRACKETS ON BACK TO STORE THEM.

I ended up in a rental they are keeping. I have none of these. I don't care about the Apu, they will pay for the load lock brackets and fridge.
There is no cabinet and slot for Freightliner fridge, has anyone bought a small college type fridge and used it with a strong power inverter? Thanks John
Hi John,
I'm driving a brand new one. Mine came with a fridge, built in microwave, cabinets, apu, and load lock brackets.
My best advise to you is RUN! As fast as you can and find another carrier that is more truthful and honest. If it's started already, it's only going to be worse a month down the road when you're looking for your pay cheque.
Good luck.

Reactions: nan

nan

Supporter
Yeah I'd leave. You're not committed this early. Literally all the things you're gonna need to LIVE as an OTR are missing.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter

Yep, I use a 2.7 cu.ft fridge. Bought it at Walmart for $50. I have an 1800watt inverter. Was factory installed by Pete. I also run a 750watt microwave a 21”flatscreen and an Xbox when my son is with me.

jdemerich

Thank you all. I am getting out west Ca mile loads, and 3000 miles a week at 53 cents a mile. They will pay for a fridge, and load lock supports, I will hang here for a bit, to say I tried if it goes down hill. Thanks, Keep on trucking, and be SAFE, Big J

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Was worried about bouncing around and the coils not holding up, going to go that rout then, Thanks
It's not the coils that go, it's the springs that suspend the compressor that give up the ghost. I've had one last almost two years, another didn't make 6 months. Still worth it.