Ford is working on a teeny tiny pickup truck, report says

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter
if you ever saw the tv show on History channel regarding Henry Ford, his sons, and company presidents of past, you'd wonder how Ford ever go to be where they are in this world...
The same could be said of GM. It's more than a minor miracle they survived the 70's and 80's when the bean counters were running the show.

GAnthony

Supporter
The same could be said of GM. It's more than a minor miracle they survived the 70's and 80's when the bean counters were running the show.
same could be said for old man Chrysler and the Dodge brothers...

they all had thier self doubts on growth, or built cars that were soon canned....

BUT, try and find one of those canned cars now a days.......

very interesting show that was on the history channel, i think more than 4 nights of it..??

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Depending on who you listen to, Henry Ford chose to raise the wage to $25 an hour for the workers on the line because he wanted to retain the same workers rather than retrain a new guy every day or week.
If you listen to the union folks they will lay claim to the wage increase.

dchawk81

Depending on who you listen to, Henry Ford chose to raise the wage to $25 an hour for the workers on the line because he wanted to retain the same workers rather than retrain a new guy every day or week.
If you listen to the union folks they will lay claim to the wage increase.
I think you mean $25/day.

I think he did it so they'd buy the cars.

krelithous

Supporter
Thread starter #26
They know what sells. They're one of the biggest and oldest auto manufacturers in the world.

Look around you. What do you see people driving these days? It's all these "compact SUVs" or "crossover" things.

I think people like them because of the more upright seating position. You have better visibility. Better understanding of where the corners of your vehicle are, relative to fixed objects.

Just my theory. But they're taking over the market.

I still see cars everywhere though. So it's surprising they'd totally stop making them instead of just phasing them out gradually over a decade or so. :dunno:
well mericans are going to suv's and cross overs

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I wish Dodge would bring back Dakota. It was the perfect size.. Not
itty-bitty like a Luv, but not a behemoth like many of today's pickups.

dchawk81

I wish Dodge would bring back Dakota. It was the perfect size.. Not
itty-bitty like a Luv, but not a behemoth like many of today's pickups.
I would say Colorado but in real life they're not that much smaller than the Silverado.

GAnthony

Supporter
I would say Colorado but in real life they're not that much smaller than the Silverado.
i went to my local chevy/gmc dealer, they had the Canyons and the Sierras parked in a row....all the rear bumpers lined up nearly perfectly...
i measured "about" 18" shorter in the "little truck to the bigger one.....they ARE narrower inside though, and my god...the prices are absurd........

dchawk81

i went to my local chevy/gmc dealer, they had the Canyons and the Sierras parked in a row....all the rear bumpers lined up nearly perfectly...
i measured "about" 18" shorter in the "little truck to the bigger one.....they ARE narrower inside though, and my god...the prices are absurd........
Yeah it's dumb. If you want a small truck you want a SMALL truck.

They're basically the size of Silverados from yesteryear. Because new half ton trucks are HUGE.

GAnthony

Supporter
Yeah it's dumb. If you want a small truck you want a SMALL truck.

They're basically the size of Silverados from yesteryear. Because new half ton trucks are HUGE.
if my ranger did not start having problems, and the LOUSY gas mileage for the smaller v-6 (3.0 for the 2wd), i'd have kept it, THEN got the camry..

i only would like to have a pick up for house things, like getting paint, garden stuff, etc..

my next lottery winnings, I WILL BUY a fancy NEW GMC....or a DODGE, screw that RAM crap..THEY ARE STILL DODGE TO ME.......

dchawk81

if my ranger did not start having problems, and the LOUSY gas mileage for the smaller v-6 (3.0 for the 2wd), i'd have kept it, THEN got the camry..

i only would like to have a pick up for house things, like getting paint, garden stuff, etc..

my next lottery winnings, I WILL BUY a fancy NEW GMC....or a DODGE, screw that RAM crap..THEY ARE STILL DODGE TO ME.......
Yeah my S-10 is the go-to for general purpose.

F-150 is too hard to load.