Ford is working on a teeny tiny pickup truck, report says

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
That's what people want these days. It's market research.

People want cars, but THINK they want trucks.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
VW had the Rabbit p/up truck, Subaru had the Justy, so it could work for them...it might appeal to teens, and young ones that will most likely fart can muffler them and turn them into low riders.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
It will sell. Because there is no shortage of people with horrible taste in vehicles in this country. There are plenty of examples of hideous or totally impractical wastes of steel that we see every day, or used to.

The Chevy Avalanche, Honda Ridgeline, Subaru Brat, El Camino/Ford Ranchero, Nissan Cube, all crossover SUVs, short bed pickups, Ford Pinto, everything by AMC, Toyota Prius, Ford Explorer Sport Track, and don't forget that retro 1930's HHR looking thing.

krelithous

Supporter
That's what people want these days. It's market research.

People want cars, but THINK they want trucks.
no the problem with people today is they want **** built by the banks and not built by engineers at the lowest possible cost

krelithous

Supporter
I’m not sure that design will have success in this country.
i'm not sure it would last 2000 miles:rolleyes::D. the new trucks are POS since they started using aluminium. i remember seeing a brand spanking new F250 in an accident on the freeway and the front of the F250 was totaled and the dodge ram had dents and scrapes on it:stare1:

Last edited:

krelithous

Supporter
It will sell. Because there is no shortage of people with horrible taste in vehicles in this country. There are plenty of examples of hideous or totally impractical wastes of steel that we see every day, or used to.

The Chevy Avalanche, Honda Ridgeline, Subaru Brat, El Camino/Ford Ranchero, Nissan Cube, all crossover SUVs, short bed pickups, Ford Pinto, everything by AMC, Toyota Prius, Ford Explorer Sport Track, and don't forget that retro 1930's HHR looking thing.
the problem with the honda ridgeline is where the put the tire. in the bed wtf happens if your hauling bricks around and you get a flat. you'll have to move em one by one or hire a darn fork lift to move em for you:coocoo::biglaugh:yea thats a truck to run from

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
right now ford has alot of rumors going around. like there gonna stop making cars. we will see what fords gonna do
They know what sells. They're one of the biggest and oldest auto manufacturers in the world.

Look around you. What do you see people driving these days? It's all these "compact SUVs" or "crossover" things.

I think people like them because of the more upright seating position. You have better visibility. Better understanding of where the corners of your vehicle are, relative to fixed objects.

Just my theory. But they're taking over the market.

I still see cars everywhere though. So it's surprising they'd totally stop making them instead of just phasing them out gradually over a decade or so. :dunno:

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I think Ford wants to retool those factories to make the better selling and higher profit vehicles ASAP.

You see Ford cars everywhere because they discount the living hell out of them. That cuts into profits and doesn't make Ford very happy.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
They know what sells. They're one of the biggest and oldest auto manufacturers in the world.

Look around you. What do you see people driving these days? It's all these "compact SUVs" or "crossover" things.

I think people like them because of the more upright seating position. You have better visibility. Better understanding of where the corners of your vehicle are, relative to fixed objects.

Just my theory. But they're taking over the market.

I still see cars everywhere though. So it's surprising they'd totally stop making them instead of just phasing them out gradually over a decade or so. :dunno:
if you ever saw the tv show on History channel regarding Henry Ford, his sons, and company presidents of past, you'd wonder how Ford ever go to be where they are in this world...

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
I think Ford wants to retool those factories to make the better selling and higher profit vehicles ASAP.

You see Ford cars everywhere because they discount the living hell out of them. That cuts into profits and doesn't make Ford very happy.
even when production of those cars comes to a halt, parts will be available for (i think) 10 years. from Ford, and then also from other supply companies as it is done now.