Follow-up: Reactions to fuel economy and emissions mandate for trucks

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
By David Tanner, Land Line associate editor

As the reactions show, everyone in trucking, shipping and manufacturing has something to say about fuel economy, specifically the call by President Obama for heavy-truck manufacturers to use technology to reduce fuel consumption and lower greenhouse gas emissions beyond model year 2018.

Land Line reported OOIDA’s concerns on Wednesday about how the new standards will drive up the cost of new equipment for the small-business owners who make up 90 percent those moving freight by truck.

full story

DubbleD

Color Commentator
Most small business owners are NOT buying new trucks.

Mega carriers are NOT buying new trucks.

Mega's are leasing new trucks for 3 years and small business owners are lining up to purchase the lease returns after the Mega's have worked out all the bugs.. or a few of them.

upload_2014-2-21_18-23-2.jpeg

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Oyh Snap! I heard that from Obama. i thought he meant pick-ups and cube vans and the like. I never thought he meant big trucks. You cant get blood from a stone. Hey dumbass we are still hurting from the last Emission regs put on engine MFGRS that where not ready to roll. Honestly? Does this guy have a clue or just like to hear himself talk?

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Oyh Snap! I heard that from Obama. i thought he meant pick-ups and cube vans and the like. I never thought he meant big trucks. You cant get blood from a stone. Hey dumbass we are still hurting from the last Emission regs put on engine MFGRS that where not ready to roll. Honestly? Does this guy have a clue or just like to hear himself talk?
I'm guessing that was a rhetorical question.