Yes

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **** you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike

Staff member
Just plug everything back in the way it was.

Only problem you are going to run into is that the ELD will account for your driving time, when the driving occurred. That driving time is going to have to be claimed, and should be immediately flagged by safety. Safety, unless they are also your dispatcher, will likely call you on this.

Just plug everything back in the way it was.

Only problem you are going to run into is that the ELD will account for your driving time, when the driving occurred. That driving time is going to have to be claimed, and should be immediately flagged by safety. Safety, unless they are also your dispatcher, will likely call you on this.
So that’s what I wanted to know more about was the account of when the drive happened. I pulled all plugs and was experimenting at first with one after the other and one certain plug made it stop recording status changes. Is this going to be changeable if I send in paper logs or will they not be able to overwrite when I did this driving? All hours of driving and miles will be accounted for but when the driving happened is what I’m worried about.

**** I mean I guess I have to plug in eventually but I’m just worried about that one thing of when the driving happened.

Mike

Staff member
Is this going to be changeable if I send in paper logs or will they not be able to overwrite when I did this driving? All hours of driving and miles will be accounted for but when the driving happened is what I’m worried about.
Your ELD has an internal battery and continues to work and store information. As soon as you plug it in, it will upload the information to your safety department. At that point, you will have a paper log showing one thing, and an ELD showing something completely different.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Your ELD has an internal battery and continues to work and store information. As soon as you plug it in, it will upload the information to your safety department. At that point, you will have a paper log showing one thing, and an ELD showing something completely different.
Is it easy to remove the internal battery?

Asking for a friend...

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Sort of a one-sided deal. If the SHTF your boss walks. You get walked. Whatever man makes, man breaks or can break. I suspect some talented hacker has figured out how to defeat ELD stuff at all levels. There's a fair amount of evidence about GPS spoofing.

Im liking what you’re saying but I’m not liking it lol so even when I pulled the one plug that stopped it from recording driving it was still recording? I could have sworn it kept the status the same I even requested my logs to confirm it. Hopefully I can talk my way out of hell. Can they not overwrite the recordings? I’ve had them do it before when someone else drove under my name.

How does the black box handle water? Any chance i’ll get a new one with the old data on it?

Last edited:

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
cant hide the fact as soon as you unplugged the ELD, it saw one odometer reading in the ECM.

You plug it in, it's going to see a different odometer reading.

The ELD will want to have it explained.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Im liking what you’re saying but I’m not liking it lol so even when I pulled the one plug that stopped it from recording driving it was still recording? I could have sworn it kept the status the same I even requested my logs to confirm it. Hopefully I can talk my way out of hell. Can they not overwrite the recordings? I’ve had them do it before when someone else drove under my name.

How does the black box handle water? Any chance i’ll get a new one with the old data on it?
What you did was disconnect the ECM databus from the ELD. The ELD still will have the last odometer data and new odometer data recorded in nonvolatile memory (as mndriver mndriver said,) and the GPS location tags it recorded. When your logs are downloaded, the software will detect the discrepancy, and will ask you to claim the hours. If you don't, you'll be getting a call about it.

Get rid of the data? Got a hammer?

That's a little obvious. Tampering with the safety equipment is usually something that gets you terminated.

Submit falsified paper logs?

Fageol Fageol is right. You get thrown under the bus.

It's better to just drive it, and take your lumps for busting HOS. Or tell your dispatcher to shove it when he tries coercing you to break the law.

Last edited:

Latest posts