Fictional Trucks and Truck Drivers

OzConvoy

Thread starter #1
The first truck driver on TV who comes to mind, amazingly, is the Knight Corporation in the first series of Knight Rider. So I guess that you say that the company was the "Driver". From memory no actual driver was ever shown.

OzConvoy

Thread starter #2
Would you let this guy drive a truck?

OzConvoy

Thread starter #3
Some fictional truck drivers pursue missions of immense spiritual and archaeological importance:

OzConvoy

Thread starter #4
Trucks of the future if the world goes to *(&^?

GAnthony

Supporter
The first truck driver on TV who comes to mind, amazingly, is the Knight Corporation in the first series of Knight Rider. So I guess that you say that the company was the "Driver". From memory no actual driver was ever shown.

up here, we had "movin'n on"...as i recall this one was first?

Movin' On (TV Series 1974–1976) - IMDb

then there was BJ and the BEar, which i recall a few years later

B.J. and the Bear (TV Series 1978–1981) - IMDb

then there was the Knight Rider as you mention

if there were any others, NOT including movies, i cannot recall.

you should have had both this American tv shows down under, if not the same year they were out, at least 1-2 years behind?

OzConvoy

Thread starter #6
Hey! I am not THAT old! o_O

I have found another one. This is getting obscure. There was a short lived series in 87 called The Highwayman. It was these uber police men who went around in helicopters and trucks. Never showed in Australia. But we knew about it because one of the actors, Mark Jackson, was a famous/infamous Australian football champion. Then he tried :yippee-1::yippee-1:to be an actor in the US. He was a headcase with tickets on himself. He had no acting ability. He got the role as Jetta, one of the Highwaymen lawmen.

Silverwolf

Interestingly enough, the Knight Corporation is a real trucking company up here in Canada. Even use the same trucks and logo as the tv show. They are actually a trailer manufacturer, but they use there own fleet to deliver there materials. Nothing to do with the series though. Interesting they adopted the logo and name, although the company was here before the show, so that's probably how they are able to use the name. Wonder if they made royalties off the tv show????

GAnthony

Supporter
Hey! I am not THAT old! o_O

I have found another one. This is getting obscure. There was a short lived series in 87 called The Highwayman. It was these uber police men who went around in helicopters and trucks. Never showed in Australia. But we knew about it because one of the actors, Mark Jackson, was a famous/infamous Australian football champion. Then he tried :yippee-1::yippee-1:to be an actor in the US. He was a headcase with tickets on himself. He had no acting ability. He got the role as Jetta, one of the Highwaymen lawmen.

i just looked that up. that was back in 1987....

i was long on the road by then, so no tv in my truck. when i did get to watch tv at the truck stops, it was whatever was on the tv that we all watched.

i vaguley rememebr basketball, baseball, football games, both pro and college.

or movies, or news. i for the life of me cannot recall The Highwayman.

GAnthony

Supporter
Interestingly enough, the Knight Corporation is a real trucking company up here in Canada. Even use the same trucks and logo as the tv show. They are actually a trailer manufacturer, but they use there own fleet to deliver there materials. Nothing to do with the series though. Interesting they adopted the logo and name, although the company was here before the show, so that's probably how they are able to use the name. Wonder if they made royalties off the tv show????
here, names must be registered for trade mark purposes.? otherwise, trademark infringements can be dealt with in the courts?

i'd suspect that the tv show either did not know of any other trucking company outside of the states that had that name?

Thread starter #10
Silverwolf, that is great! I watched all of the original Knight Rider back in 82/83. I never knew that there was a real Knight Truck company with that Logo! Cool!

Thread starter #13
It seems so. As a chess player the Knight Rider logo is basically a knight chess piece. That might be generic enough to stop copyright claims.

Silverwolf

It appears they have changed there logo. Last trailer I bought from them was 15yrs ago. So maybe copyright did take hold here. Although I don't see how it could. In Canada, if you had the name first, and registered it, then its yours they can't make a tv show and come after you. The trailer company is much older than the show, so..... I got sued once because my company name is my last name, and another company sued me over the name. Didn't go anywhere because its my name. Names are excluded from copyright laws. (peoples names I mean)

Thread starter #15
Mythbusters tested whether you could take a Knight Rider car and drive it up and inside the rig. Enjoy!

Silverwolf

Also, I guess this post is for tv shows, but I think Smokey and Bandit was the best truck and driver in show business.

Silverwolf

Mythbusters tested whether you could take a Knight Rider car and drive it up and inside the rig. Enjoy!

Hahaha, that's funny. I'm surprised there was enough doubt that they did an episode on it.

Thread starter #18
I always thought that if you drove a car up into a rig like that it was illegal? If a cop saw you do it would they pull you up for dangerous driving? Someone try it to find out :scared:

Silverwolf

I always thought that if you drove a car up into a rig like that it was illegal? If a cop saw you do it would they pull you up for dangerous driving? Someone try it to find out :scared:
I'm guess that falls under dangerous driving, following too close etc etc. Definitely illegal. Lol.

GAnthony

Supporter
if you look at the 4:15 point, you can see where it appears the car is way too close to the right side of the trailer opening, and i think he whacked off his right side mirror...lol...but they QUICKLY cut away for us seeing that.....lol

i cannot say if that's legal or not, but they do it in the movies.