Ethanol, Wind vs Sticky Black stuff

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Then y'all aren't treating the **** out of it.

Just saying, you can save a lot of money by being smart about it. Newer engines with high pressure fuel rails return a lot of fuel to your tanks as I'm sure you know. That's warm fuel. Depending on conditions, you can use a lot less antigel. Those instructions are most likely set to sell as much product as possible.

Never had an issue.
if a Cummins is returning more that 100ml in 10 minutes of run time you have injector issues. Or transfer tube issues.

Detroit’s flow a lot of fuel into return though. I do probably go slightly outside the parameters. They tell us to treat at 15 and below I start treating at 20 you never know when that north wind is going to kick up. And at 10 degrees she’s idling.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
I hope whom ever gets the pilot lots about who gets blend fuel and when puts that **** up again this year.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Gotcha.

Yeah totally different than a CM870. The rail pressure on a 2350 is huge compared to an 870
Indeed it is and, on an 870 it’s designed to flow thru the head to the injector. Where as 2150 and up it goes through a transfer tube to the injector. There should be little return on those systems unless there’s a leak.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Indeed it is and, on an 870 it’s designed to flow thru the head to the injector. Where as 2150 and up it goes through a transfer tube to the injector. There should be little return on those systems unless there’s a leak.
I finally found a fuel restriction gauge. Made by Lang, waiting for a price on it from my tool guy
They also make a fuel pressure gauge but I’m not sure if I can just make one up hillbilly style

Snap Ons pressure gauge only went up to 300, they must have another one that reads higher

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
I finally found a fuel restriction gauge. Made by Lang, waiting for a price on it from my tool guy
They also make a fuel pressure gauge but I’m not sure if I can just make one up hillbilly style

Snap Ons pressure gauge only went up to 300, they must have another one that reads higher
You shouldn’t need anything higher on a 870 only thing you should be concerned with is restriction on the suck side and low pressure on the output.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
the mill had 90 railroad cars of corn come in from up north and out in the Midwest yesterday morning
that's a lot of chicken feed
Back when Obama cancelled the subsidies for corn for Ethanol there was truck after truck bringing corn into southern Ontario. My Uncle was wondering why, because all they do is grow corn and tomatoes in Southern Ontario.
I said Obama just cancelled the tax subsidies. I am not sure what they did with all that excess corn, It probably went to feed and maybe some to ethanol, they were refining ethanol north of there too.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Oddly enough I’ve often wondered why DCs and stores don’t have wind of solar arrays to supplement power requirements.

Turns out they’re aiming a lot bigger.

Who knew.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Oddly enough I’ve often wondered why DCs and stores don’t have wind of solar arrays to supplement power requirements.

Turns out they’re aiming a lot bigger.

Who knew.

And we always thought it would be the telephone company taking over...

long_lines_logo.gif

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
Hydro electric is rarely mentioned anymore. From what I've seen it is a great source of energy. The existing hydro electric dams produce consistently and efficiently. If newer more efficient generators were installed with upgraded drive units then would we need many more energy sources?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Hydro electric is rarely mentioned anymore. From what I've seen it is a great source of energy. The existing hydro electric dams produce consistently and efficiently. If newer more efficient generators were installed with upgraded drive units then would we need many more energy sources?
Hydro resources have been pretty much 100% exploited as is. It's not a politically palatable choice to condemn private real estate for these kind of projects now, and the costs really can't compete with solar and wind power.

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
Hydro resources have been pretty much 100% exploited as is. It's not a politically palatable choice to condemn private real estate for these kind of projects now, and the costs really can't compete with solar and wind power.
Solar and wind and for that matter nuclear have to be located somewhere too. I've read that the hydro electric cost is in line with everything else. I know the hydro electric damn closest to my home only runs at about half capacity on average yet we still use nuclear and coal fired plants. I was told that particular damn could produce nearly 10 times what it does if they would just install the remaining generators that were planned.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Solar and wind and for that matter nuclear have to be located somewhere too. I've read that the hydro electric cost is in line with everything else. I know the hydro electric damn closest to my home only runs at about half capacity on average yet we still use nuclear and coal fired plants. I was told that particular damn could produce nearly 10 times what it does if they would just install the remaining generators that were planned.
I’d heard the put a hydro plant above the permafrost line and the discharge screwed up the water temps something bad.

I dunno...nothing to back it up...heard it on a radio show...

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
I’d heard the put a hydro plant above the permafrost line and the discharge screwed up the water temps something bad.

I dunno...nothing to back it up...heard it on a radio show...
That may be. I have never heard anything about that. I know where 2 very small hydro plants are that are not used at all. My parents had a friend that had one. No idea how much affect it had on discharge water temps.

Latest posts