Ethanol, Wind vs Sticky Black stuff

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
The economy is doing quite good unles your a farmer. 15 ethanol plants are idle or shut down and they just made more cuts for oil companies to produce more. Corn is gonna rot in the fields this year.

Anywho, yeah definitely odd another one bites the dust.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
For real. I wanna gum up my intestines with it, not my vehicles!
Ethanol isn’t as harmful to modern engine as it was to older stuff. Injectors and fuel lines are now built to handle it. You can almost run nitro meth and alcohol in them. Flexfuel vehicles will burn 85% but you don’t get the economy out of it as you do 10-15%

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Ethanol isn’t as harmful to modern engine as it was to older stuff. Injectors and fuel lines are now built to handle it. You can almost run nitro meth and alcohol in them. Flexfuel vehicles will burn 85% but you don’t get the economy out of it as you do 10-15%
Yeah I know. I'm mostly referring to my lawnmower and such. It's okay if you don't let it sit though.

My F150 is flex. I've played with both.

Duck

My other car is a POS too
Supporter
Oh, so you hate farmers too? 40% of corn production is used to create ethanol.
Yeah I hate farmers too. They told me to hate them at my last skinhead clan human supremacist puppy haters meeting. 🙄

:coocoo:

Ethanol is an artificial market. There's no reason for it to exist except as a welfare payment to farmers and to make stupid people think think they're saving the environment.

Maybe mechanics like it too because they get more work, replacing dry rotted fuel lines.

How about they use tax dollars to ship rocks back and forth across the country to make work for trucking companies?

Maybe we can keep the ship building industry going by having them build hundreds of cargo ships and towing them out to sea and sinking them. 🤔

Or I got a better idea, how about we use tax money to pay unemployed coal miners to call each other from pay phones to keep the pay phone industry out of bankruptcy.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Yeah I hate farmers too. They told me to hate them at my last skinhead clan human supremacist puppy haters meeting. 🙄

Ethanol is an artificial market. There's no reason for it to exist except as a welfare payment to farmers and to make stupid people think think they're saving the environment.

Maybe mechanics like it too because they get more work, replacing dry rotted fuel lines.

How about they use tax dollars to ship rocks back and forth across the country to make work for trucking companies?

Maybe we can keep the ship building industry going by having them build hundreds of cargo ships and towing them out to sea and sinking them. 🤔

Or I got a better idea, how about we use tax money to pay unemployed coal miners to call each other from pay phones to keep the pay phone industry out of bankruptcy.
That’s wonderful, but ethanol is a good gimmick. It makes gas cheaper, pays the farmer, employs people at a ethanol plant, people buy the gas and that’s how farmers get paid, it doesn’t come from governement funds. Soo we will just agree to disagree on that. As for rotted fuel lines. Upgrade from the 80s bro. Or replace all rubber on your car every 5 years like you’re supposed to.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
That’s wonderful, but ethanol is a good gimmick. It makes gas cheaper, pays the farmer, employs people at a ethanol plant, people buy the gas and that’s how farmers get paid, it doesn’t come from governement funds. Soo we will just agree to disagree on that. As for rotted fuel lines. Upgrade from the 80s bro. Or replace all rubber on your car every 5 years like you’re supposed to.
It's a horrible idea. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Destroying older cars to pay Paul. Forcing vehicle upgrades to pay Paul. Lowering MPGs to pay Paul.

Duck

Supporter
That’s wonderful, but ethanol is a good gimmick. It makes gas cheaper, pays the farmer, employs people at a ethanol plant, people buy the gas and that’s how farmers get paid, it doesn’t come from governement funds
It wouldn't be in the gasoline if government didn't mandate it. Because nobody in their right mind wants that crap in their fuel system. It does NOT lower the cost of the gas. It's just subsidized with tax money so it's cheaper at the pump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
It wouldn't be in the gasoline if government didn't mandate it. Because nobody in their right mind wants that crap in their fuel system. It does NOT lower the cost of the gas. It's just subsidized with tax money so it's cheaper at the pump.

You sound more and more leftist every time we get in one of these head butting contests. Pretty soon ironpony is going to start calling you "comrade". 🙄
Indeed and how f*cked up is "just buy a new car"

And there are an assload of old cars still worth having. But you gotta seek out ethanol treatments or pure gas.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter

Even with subsidies Ethanol is the United States investing in...the United States.

Similar to wind energy.

Or would you rather we remain dependent upon countries which would rather see us perish?

Duck

Supporter
Indeed and how f*cked up is "just buy a new car"

And there are an assload of old cars still worth having. But you gotta seek out ethanol treatments or pure gas.
Replace your fuel lines every 5 years... 🙄

How 'bout we make ADM do it. They're the ones who rotted them out. 😡

Duck

Supporter
Even with subsidies Ethanol is the United States investing in...the United States.

Similar to wind energy.

Or would you rather we remain dependent upon countries which would rather see us perish?
I'd rather see them simply STOP blocking new oil and gas drilling permits, and evict the bastards that convinced people the only way to be energy independent is with all of this outrageously expensive and impractical "green" technology, and by littering up the landscape with giant bird guillotines.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Replace your fuel lines every 5 years... 🙄

How 'bout we make ADM do it. They're the ones who rotted them out. 😡
All auto and truck manufacturers recommend to replace rubber line every 5 years. Regardless of fuel type or coolant type. You do what ya want DBAD

Gdjjr

Similar to wind energy.

In major shift, U.S. now exports more oil than it ships in

Tax payers subsidizing is still tax payers subsidizing. A better argument *might* be Foreign Aid (tax payer subsidized buying allies- til they ain't because, well, they never were)

Wind and ethanol have one thing in common- tax payer subsidized- neither would stand alone in a free markets- in crony capitalist style they flourish- at tax payer expense though those taxes are subsidized (financed) through the fed reserve who, BTW, finances crony capitalist endeavors- the US is now the leading oil producer in the world- it produces so much it has to export now which is a part of the gripe about the Keystone Pipeline fiasco which is being built to get oil to the gulf coast for refining so it can be exported though it is coming from Canada- the US produces more than it uses and imports (for refining) so it can export refined products.