Entertainment

Allyxon

Thread starter #1
What do you all listen to while driving?

I have Spotify Premium, which has podcasts too. I recently started listening to Alice Isn't Dead and Welcome to Night Vale.

Also just got Audible for audiobooks so what does everyone recommend?

Rigjockey

In Gord We Trust!
Supporter
I had the XM radio Canx it. I am not paying for the regurgitated play list. like the D.J.2000 ( WKRP reference:D)
I just went with the scan button, Find a good rock or indie station or better yet college radio and ride that out 'till I lost signal.
I am given to understand that you can get I heart radio and listen to your favorite station, But it will eat your data.
So more money.
Scan is free.
I am saving up for something and free is good.

Ranger_375

XM primarily

Pop2k
Classic Rewind
Lithium
Ozzy's Boneyard
BPM
Electric Area
Comedy Central
Roaddog trucking
Faction
Octane

then I have.... oh, 30gb of music on my tablet, play it through bluetooth on the stereo.

Allyxon

Thread starter #12
I have Spotify Premium. I believe it's $10 or something a month but totally worth it. They have a free version that I'm sure is like Pandora but with Premium you have no adds, can listen to any track on any album, and can download everything so for me it's worth it if I'm in an area with no service it's all there. And it's unlimited downloads too so I can "buy" 20 albums a month for just $10

krelithous

Supporter
I have Spotify Premium. I believe it's $10 or something a month but totally worth it. They have a free version that I'm sure is like Pandora but with Premium you have no adds, can listen to any track on any album, and can download everything so for me it's worth it if I'm in an area with no service it's all there. And it's unlimited downloads too so I can "buy" 20 albums a month for just $10
heck you can talk sxm down to those rates once you threaten to leave for online streaming services:rolleyes:

Mike

Staff member
Sirius is all I have, but thinking of dropping it. The price doesn't bother me, but thinking about just going a different direction. Looking at possibly getting an unlimited data plan for our phones and listening to one of the options available online.

Keendriver

Hates all of you
Supporter
Podcasts.....nothing but.

Generation Why
Sword and Scale
Criminal
The Scathing Atheist
Skeptics With A K
Dan Carlin....Common Sense and Hardcore History (2 different podcasts)
The World Of Phil Hendrie
Trailer Park Boys
Case File True Crime
The Apex And The Abyss
Car Talk
Locked Up Abroad
They walk Among Us
Penn's Sunday School

krelithous

Supporter
Sirius is all I have, but thinking of dropping it. The price doesn't bother me, but thinking about just going a different direction. Looking at possibly getting an unlimited data plan for our phones and listening to one of the options available online.
better read the fine print on those unlimited data plans as most of them are around 22-30 gigs before they slow you down to snail speeds

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Wife's car had xm radio when we bought it. Came with 6-months free.

We never subscribed. She sticks to NPR/MPR.

Can't stand talk radio for the drama it is. Lot of misinformation when you go to verify what's being talked about.

Verizon has an unlimited plan. Was told it would throttle me at 20 GB. Told them that was a no-no because of the business. Now it's charged at like $15/ GB over 20. Never even reach 10 GB even with 6 phones on the plan.

Mike

Staff member
I hit my 30 gig limit every month lately. I need to find out how much they will slow me down on unlimited.

AT&T says they slow you down after 22GB.

I'm at 23gb for the month right now, month ends at midnight on the 23rd.