Driver requirements for New Clearinghouse system

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
It's very much required.

myself and @Junkyarddog got tapped for a quarterly random on Wednesday. I had about a 30 minute discussion with my Clearance house admin for this entire nightmare.

As a motorcarrier, we are required to pull at least a "limited" query on every driver annually.

That means the drivers MUST be registered with the clearinghouse.

If you're not registered, we are supposed to remove you from your "safety sensitive position".

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
It's very much required.

myself and @Junkyarddog got tapped for a quarterly random on Wednesday. I had about a 30 minute discussion with my Clearance house admin for this entire nightmare.

As a motorcarrier, we are required to pull at least a "limited" query on every driver annually.

That means the drivers MUST be registered with the clearinghouse.

If you're not registered, we are supposed to remove you from your "safety sensitive position".
Thanks for this information. I'll get registered this weekend.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Want to explore all the FAQs? Browse topics
Top 5 FAQs

Are CDL drivers required to register for the Clearinghouse?
Drivers are not required to register for the Clearinghouse. However, a driver will need to be registered to provide electronic consent in the Clearinghouse if a prospective or current employer needs to conduct a full query of the driver’s Clearinghouse record—this will include all pre-employment queries beginning on January 6, 2020.
A driver must also be registered to electronically view the information in his or her own Clearinghouse record.
Drivers who register before January 6, 2020, will have their Clearinghouse accounts and contact preferences set up, allowing them to quickly respond to query requests from employers on or after January 6, 2020. Registration is available at Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse - Clearinghouse Registration.
Last Updated : November 14, 2019

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Spin it however you want.

As a company, they are required to pull a limited or full query on a driver every year.

That means you must give consent.

How do you give consent?

You have to be registered.

Failure of the company to be able to pull either query will resulting in being removed from safety-sensitive positions

Which means you will not be allowed to drive.

Flat out.

Last edited:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Spin it however you want.

As a company, they are required to pull a limited or full query on a driver every year.

That means you must give consent.

How do you give consent?

You have to be registered.

Failure of the company to be able to pull either query will resulting in being removed from safety-sensitive positions

Which means you will not be allowed to drive.

Flat out.
That's not what it says. The only time a driver nerds to give consent is for a "full query" which is fine during a pre-employment check. Your Yearly Inquisition can be done without consent... and you can probably put the rack and whips back in the dungeon too.

Fins

I will NOT give consent to anymore government intervention into my life until my company mandates such practice.

All of this *****ing about driver shortages and all they want to do is thin the herd a little more.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
hell, if that isn't bad enough,

I have to pull a query on myself annually.

And because of the brilliance of Minnesota and our bullshit driver's license $800,000,000 boondoggle, I can't even register in the clearinghouse.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
How long until they start requiring Jews to wear an arm band with a yellow star?

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
this section # 3, can be a problem:

Enter your email address and click Submit. This is the email address the Clearinghouse will use to send you notifications about your Clearinghouse account. This email address will also be used to identify you in the Clearinghouse, and cannot be modified.

i have had an email address shut down, when i was with Verizon. they just did away with thier email service. so ok, anyone can sign up an email, but "what if" they lose that email from the provider, and now since it states it cannot be modified, what does one do? re-register? in many instances when you have to "re-register to any account, it plainly tells you "someone else has that name" or other information..

seems counter-intuitive to not be able to make changes.

just saying, this crap won't be any of my concerns soonly.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Oh I see plenty wrong with this bullshit. But not much I can really do with it. I've had my own issues with fmcsa and other stupid **** that they've done. Admitting even it was THEIR actions only that led to the situation that cost me directly $5000.

But what was the solution? I paid the $5000 and marched ****ing on.

Even my congressional representatives (house and Senate) were ****ing worthless. "We're sorry, but as a member of Congress, we can't get involved with law enforcement issues.....". What?

So I'm sorry if I don't really care to listen to a bunch of drivers ****ing whining about having to jump through a little hoop to keep their job.