Don't just sit around while you are shut down

Mike

Staff member
  • Email and Call your representatives.
    Let them know your feelings. You have a little extra time on your hands, so start forming the habit of staying after these people now.
  • Call OOIDA
    Since they are "unable" to support a shutdown, ask them what else they are doing, if anything, to help those who are shutting down achieve their goals of turning this industry around. They may not be able to endorse a shutdown, but they can damn sure turn up intensity on things they ARE capable of doing.
  • Bill Graves - Make sure this guy doesn't get a free pass on all of this.
    Turn up the heat on this guy, as he is at the top of the trucking association that has never seemed to give a damn about anything other than making the big carriers happy.
These are things that you really need to be doing anyway, but you can make an increased effort with it right now.

And when you contact these people, especially in emails, make it public as to exactly what they say. Post in in this and every forum. And post it every time.

Shutting down is just one piece of the puzzle. It is time to become increasingly active with the Government and with those organizations that are "supposed" to be out there supporting us.

And most importantly. Don't be like those who run around preaching that a shutdown will not work. Don't just assume that being active with the Government and these association won't work. If everyone does it, and keeps doing it, it will do some good. This is the only way this industry is going to get turned around.

beeble736

AMEN!! As sick as I am, I have been on the phone all day with local (GA, SC and FL) state and federal lawmakers. Not much sympathy from their staffers, but, they know how I feel.

Turn off the TV, tell your wife and kids you need an hour of time and MAKE THOSE CALLS!!

Next round is going to be to call all of the TV and radio stations, again.

Bea

Mike

Staff member
I am on the radio station thing, might have something pretty big lined up. More info later :)

Flatbedpete

Drivers unite
It's official. Pete is on the phone with Bull now, we just hung up with the producer and will be live talking to them at 4:35 central time. Thanks SO much Bull for getting us this opportunity, you RAWK!

beeble736

Yee haw! Too darn bad we can't get on the big shows, like Glenn Beck and such, but even a few voices will help spread the message.