Dog Not Good

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Rhodesians are descended from Basenji. THAT is a good jogger.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I thought it was pretty clear.

Basenji are a natural breed of dog.

Rhodesian Ridgebacks are not.

Part of the genetic makeup of the Rhodesian Ridgeback is Basenji.

Ergo, Rhodesian Ridgebacks are descendents (offspring) of Basenji.

Basenji are long-distance trotters. They make good jogging partners.

terrylamar

I thought it was pretty clear.

Basenji are a natural breed of dog.

Rhodesian Ridgebacks are not.

Part of the genetic makeup of the Rhodesian Ridgeback is Basenji.

Ergo, Rhodesian Ridgebacks are descendents (offspring) of Basenji.

Basenji are long-distance trotters. They make good jogging partners.
Yes, I heard you the first time. I think you are mistaken. I have owned a couple of Ridgebacks. Can you cite even one source that says Rhodesian Ridgebacks have any Basenji blood in them?

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Yes, I heard you the first time. I think you are mistaken. I have owned a couple of Ridgebacks. Can you cite even one source that says Rhodesian Ridgebacks have any Basenji blood in them?
All I'd have to do is ask Mrs. Duck's 14 yr old daughter. She knows everything about dogs.

Everything.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I was raised with and have owned Basenji.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
The pit bull died yesterday.

I don't know any details. He's been with The Geezer in Tennessee for the last couple weeks.

rebel

Well known, by a few
Supporter
That's never a good day, sorry to hear it @Duck .

2xR

******* Derelict *******
Supporter
Aww.. poor Knucklehead. Sympathy for your lost pet.

Now, go get your dad a brand new puppy... make 'em smile.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Aww.. poor Knucklehead. Sympathy for your lost pet.

Now, go get your dad a brand new puppy... make 'em smile.
He doesn't need another dog until he buries the invisible fence wire around the property. I have a suspicion that the sod farm people have been leaving anti-freeze out on purpose. This is the 3rd perfectly healthy dog that has died of mysterious causes.

2xR

******* Derelict *******
Supporter
He doesn't need another dog until he buries the invisible fence wire around the property. I have a suspicion that the sod farm people have been leaving anti-freeze out on purpose. This is the 3rd perfectly healthy dog that has died of mysterious causes.
First... you no longer need to bury wire. There is the new wireless transmitter that will activate as the dog nears the end of the adjustable radio range..

Second... if you are pretty sure about the sod farmers, a midnight treatment of RoundUp would be a start at gettin' even.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
First... you no longer need to bury wire. There is the new wireless transmitter that will activate as the dog nears the end of the adjustable radio range..

Second... if you are pretty sure about the sod farmers, a midnight treatment of RoundUp would be a start at gettin' even.
Or I could simply do nothing... this time next year there will probably be a For Sale sign next door.

There is no more sod. Just corn. And they've been selling their trucks & equipment. I hardly ever see anybody over there. Except yesterday when I went past their open shop building. The gravel was dry & dusty & I was making huge dust clouds just idling in 4th gear. I would've hit the engine fan switch & dropped a gear but I didn't think of it quick enough.

And I gotta hop out and try to figure out what the hell this Volvo guy is doing before he busts a drive shaft.

Those are cool if you live in a circle.

And it may not be an intentional poisoning. Some of the stuff sprayed on sod farms (metro sludge waste, slaughter plant waste, CAFO lagoon waste.......) could cause disease, or have enough chemicals to cause problems. Especially in a field where a dog would love to go roll around.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
It would have been interesting to have gotten a necropsy done to see what it was. Ethylene Glycol poisoning is easy to confirm or eliminate as long as it's being looked for.