Truckers Health Does extra fibre help you go or stop the show?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I’m confused. I thought more fibre in a diet was a good thing.

So? Help you go or stop the show?

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe not immediately but overall it will help.

Over abundance however can be bad.

Consider how much traffic you might be sitting in tomorrow.

That sort of thing.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Maybe not immediately but overall it will help.

Over abundance however can be bad.

Consider how much traffic you might be sitting in tomorrow.

That sort of thing.
I have noticed that timing “events” while coordinating “parking” leads to uncomfortable situations

Luckily toilet paper and the bushes are a viable option

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
Fiber helps keep the train together and keeps it moving down the track. Over fiber will definitely increase events lack of will have the opposite effect.

I use flaxseed and add it to whatever I’m eating to increase my daily fiber intake.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Fiber helps keep the train together and keeps it moving down the track. Over fiber will definitely increase events lack of will have the opposite effect.

I use flaxseed and add it to whatever I’m eating to increase my daily fiber intake.
I’ll look into the flaxseed

r3gulator3

Supporter
Metamucil® is your friend.

All y'all ready for the retirement home, eh?
Metamucil over works taste like **** and causes cramping Flaxseed is natural. Only $2.50 for a big ass bag at Walmart and once it’s mixed into your food you can’t taste it.

BrandonCDLtrucker

Yes fiber helps your body get your poop out your bottom. It also helps your body make soft poop which is easier to pass. But not just fiber, you need to drink enough water. That makes for softer stools.

I have had hemorrhoid surgery due to not eating enough fiber. I took a fiber supplement and ate fiber 1 every morning for YEARS after that awful experience.

The only time you want to not eat fiber is if you're recovering from a stomach virus or diarrhea. Then you want to eat things like chicken broth or plain bread and water. I was very sick a few weeks ago in the truck and was throwing up and having bad diarrhea. I wound up in the hospital because I tried drinking soda to replenish my lost fluids and not water and I threw that up too. They gave me 2 liters of fluid before they could release me. Not fun.

Last edited:

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Yes fiber helps your body get your poop out your bottom. It also helps your body make soft poop which is easier to pass. But not just fiber, you need to drink enough water. That makes for softer stools.

I have had hemorrhoid surgery due to not eating enough fiber. I took a fiber supplement and ate fiber 1 every morning for YEARS after that awful experience.

The only time you want to not eat fiber is if you're recovering from a stomach virus or diarrhea. Then you want to eat things like chicken broth or plain bread and water. I was very sick a few weeks ago in the truck and was throwing up and having bad diarrhea. I wound up in the hospital because I tried drinking soda to replenish my lost fluids and not water and I threw that up too. They gave me 2 liters of fluid before they could release me. Not fun.
Diarrhea or constipation pick one or the other and stay with it is my vote

None of this take immodium one day to stop the squirts then exlax two days later to get you back to squirting then back to immodium then back to exlax

Jesus H Christ on a crutch

Pick one or the other

GAnthony

Non-Canadian truck driver
Supporter

i haven't tried any extra additives for a long time.

at one time years back, i'd buy a big jar of wheat germ

then gave it up

i have wheat bread, rather than white, and the oatmeal, or grits that i have every morning has fiber.

i have seen flaxseeds at walmart, just never gave that a thought.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I finally checked my tool cart for the rad battery varnish. I apparently ran out before I left the shop.
It’s Canadian part #2xxxx, Traction has a couple set aside for me but they were closed for inventory today

At least if we’re still talking about the Permatex battery protectant
2761AD42-1B8A-428B-B979-4F2EA2B23701.jpeg

BrandonCDLtrucker

i haven't tried any extra additives for a long time.

at one time years back, i'd buy a big jar of wheat germ

then gave it up

i have wheat bread, rather than white, and the oatmeal, or grits that i have every morning has fiber.

i have seen flaxseeds at walmart, just never gave that a thought.
Wheat bread is no good either unless it's a very particular kind. In fact unless you paid about 5 dollars for the loaf, it's not much better than white bread because its not true whole wheat bread. The real stuff is expensive because its difficult to make.

Read the ingredients. What is the first one? If it says wheat flour, it's no good. It should say whole grain. Like I said, only the most expensive breads you find on the shelf are true wheat breads. Rye bread is much more healthy anyway.

Last edited:

r3gulator3

Supporter
Wheat bread is no good either unless it's a very particular kind. In fact unless you paid about 5 dollars for the loaf, it's not much better than white bread because its not true whole wheat bread. The real stuff is expensive because its difficult to make.

Read the ingredients. What is the first one? If it says wheat flour, it's no good. It should say whole grain. Like I said, only the most expensive breads you find on the shelf are true wheat breads. Rye bread is much more healthy anyway.
I do love me a good Ruben Sandwich.

GAnthony

Non-Canadian truck driver
Supporter

ok, thank you for your synopsis on wheat bread.