Do we self police or just ignore the dumb ****s?

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
I never lived it in the truck world but in an infantry unit we policed our own, we didn’t rat. Someone was ate up, few guys in the squad would get together and give him a tune up. I hear back in the day it used to be like that in the road, but like I said I never experienced it.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I never lived it in the truck world but in an infantry unit we policed our own, we didn’t rat. Someone was ate up, few guys in the squad would get together and give him a tune up. I hear back in the day it used to be like that in the road, but like I said I never experienced it.
We have a genuine rampant issue up here, that everyone seems to turn a blind eye to. I wish it was kosher to tune a guy up at night behind a rest area. ****, if the police would turn a blind eye to that I’d be too busy to drive the dam truck LOL.

I get it, the speed limit is the “maximum” speed you’re “allowed” to drive. Driving under the speed limit on dry roads should be, at the minimum, an impeding or careless driving charge.

Like in the USA, you walk up on a Prime truck governed to 55, when you’re doing 75-80, they ARE a rolling road hazard. The speed limit in much of the Midwest and southern states is 75 mph, for all the guys that say you should run slow n legal.

r3gulator3

Supporter
We have a genuine rampant issue up here, that everyone seems to turn a blind eye to. I wish it was kosher to tune a guy up at night behind a rest area. ****, if the police would turn a blind eye to that I’d be too busy to drive the dam truck LOL.

I get it, the speed limit is the “maximum” speed you’re “allowed” to drive. Driving under the speed limit on dry roads should be, at the minimum, an impeding or careless driving charge.

Like in the USA, you walk up on a Prime truck governed to 55, when you’re doing 75-80, they ARE a rolling road hazard. The speed limit in much of the Midwest and southern states is 75 mph, for all the guys that say you should run slow n legal.
I’m stuck at 62 don’t have a choice on the matter if I want to keep my job. As you said it’s the maximum not the minimum

nan

Supporter

Apparently you don't know what "maximum" and "limit" actually mean.

I don't enjoy going 60 anymore than you enjoy me going 60 but unfortunately it's perfectly legal and I'm not leaving the money just to make your wreckless ass happy.

Besides, why are you coming up on me anyway? Shouldn't you be on a two lane ducking scales?

Hanover Fist

15 under the limit used to get you a "driving at an unsafe speed" on the interstate highways in PA...not sure what the present law is.
I'm waiting to see them enforce the left lane law...in PA you have 2 miles to pass somebody, otherwise get out of the lane. I've yet to hear of anyone cited for breaking that law.

nan

Supporter
15 under the limit used to get you a "driving at an unsafe speed" on the interstate highways in PA...not sure what the present law is.
I'm waiting to see them enforce the left lane law...in PA you have 2 miles to pass somebody, otherwise get out of the lane. I've yet to hear of anyone cited for breaking that law.
Half the time you start making progress to pass somebody, they take notice, and speed up. Then you're stuck out there until you can duck back over...until jackwad slows back down again, starting the process all over.

I'm here for the paycheck. I gotta keep repeating. 😂

Hillbilly Canuck

"soup sandwich"
"football bat"

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter

Tune up someone down here, and you're liable to get yourself put down. Permanently.

A lot of us carry an equalizer.

r3gulator3

Supporter
I wonder if you'll still have that mentality when a driver that should have been called in on severely injures or kills someone in your family.
However I think you misconstrued what I said, I said I was in favor of both. I think if you see some really dumb retarded **** that state patrol needs to have a handle on, by all means call em in. But at the same rate see somebody doing some dumb **** and you have a chance to tune their ass up you should. What drives me absolutely insane, as with the company I work for you have some people who think that their way is the only way and it’s the right way even if it’s the wrong way it’s right away because it’s their way. And so they snitch on you to the freaking company because they don’t think you’re doing it right and then you have to get phone calls from safety and then you have to take pictures of your **** and send it in and you have to go through a whole big mess just find out you are doing **** the right way and they’re just a cranky asshole.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
However I think you missed construed what I said, I said I was in favor of both. I think if you see some really dumb retarded ** that state patrol needs to have a handle on, by all means call em in. But at the same rate see somebody doing some dumb and you have a chance to tune their ass up you should. What drives me absolutely insane, as with the company I work for you have some people who think that their way is the only way and it’s the right way even if it’s the wrong way it’s right away because it’s their way. And so they snitch on you to the freaking company because they don’t think you’re doing it right and then you have to get phone calls from safety and then you have to take pictures of your and send it in and you have to go through a whole big mess just find out they are doing ** the right way and they’re just a cranky asshole.
I pronounce misconstrued as misconscrewed because that pretty much sums it up! 👍
They misconscrewed with what I was sayin'!

Hillbilly Canuck

However I think you missed construed what I said, I said I was in favor of both. I think if you see some really dumb retarded ** that state patrol needs to have a handle on, by all means call em in. But at the same rate see somebody doing some dumb ** and you have a chance to tune their ass up you should. What drives me absolutely insane, as with the company I work for you have some people who think that their way is the only way and it’s the right way even if it’s the wrong way it’s right away because it’s their way. And so they snitch on you to the freaking company because they don’t think you’re doing it right and then you have to get phone calls from safety and then you have to take pictures of your ** and send it in and you have to go through a whole big mess just find out they are doing ** the right way and they’re just a cranky asshole.
Listen here, asshole. I been here at Swift for six months so I know all they is to know about the truckin bidness and I'll be DAMNED if I'm gonna have you coming to MY fuel stop running that big suck of yours telling me I can't dump my **** jugs in the fuel island or take my break on the CAT scale.

r3gulator3

Supporter
Listen here, asshole. I been here at Swift for six months so I know all they is to know about the truckin bidness and I'll be DAMNED if I'm gonna have you coming to MY fuel stop running that big suck of yours telling me I can't dump my **** jugs in the fuel island or take my break on the CAT scale.
Thanks Hillbilly Canuck Hillbilly Canuck for giving us a Prime example of what you should definitely tune up out there.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
However I think you misconstrued what I said, I said I was in favor of both. I think if you see some really dumb retarded ** that state patrol needs to have a handle on, by all means call em in. But at the same rate see somebody doing some dumb ** and you have a chance to tune their ass up you should. What drives me absolutely insane, as with the company I work for you have some people who think that their way is the only way and it’s the right way even if it’s the wrong way it’s right away because it’s their way. And so they snitch on you to the freaking company because they don’t think you’re doing it right and then you have to get phone calls from safety and then you have to take pictures of your ** and send it in and you have to go through a whole big mess just find out you are doing ** the right way and they’re just a cranky asshole.
Assholes like this amaze me. They think they're setting themselves up with the office, when the reality is the office doesn't respect them at all. With rare exception, no one likes an asskisser.

Hillbilly Canuck

Assholes like this amaze me. They think they're setting themselves up with the office, when the reality is the office doesn't respect them at all. With rare exception, no one likes an asskisser.
I spent a couple of hours in a car with a dispatcher who had her phone on the car's Bluetooth one day last week. It was quite eye opening being a fly on the wall when some of the crybabies called up wanting to be led by the nose for the simplest of things. Me personally, I try to minimize any contact with that office.

I mean I still can't effin stand her but that morning was eye opening. 😄