Lease Purchase DO NOT LEASE FROM ELS IN KENLY,NC

KAMO

DO DONT LEASE FROM THESE PEOPLE THEY LIE AND STEAL FROM YOU. THEY WILL MAKE YOU HOMELESS, AND WHEN YOU QUIT OR GO TO ANOTHER JOB THEY KEEP YOUR LAST CHECK. DONT LET THEM LURE YOU IN REMEMBER ELS TRUCKING KENLY,NC

Tazz

Infidel
The condescending nature of their web page would have caused me to not bother applying.

Tazz

Infidel
i must have missed something, seems like any other ordinary recruiting ad?
The line " (seriously guys, 2500 miles a week should be easy for an OTR driver…)" and the line"(do like we ask, get the bonus and you’ll probably back yourself into more home time)"

Both a big old dose of nopity nope nope. Oh and under L/O

Keeping a truck running is something that takes continuous effort. Sometimes keeping your truck running might mean you have to make a choice between a personal and/or home matter and your truck because of a breakdown.

Translation. Screw the house you need to pay for this truck.

Last edited:

GAnthony

Sudanese, pie eating, Canadian truck driver
Supporter
The line " (seriously guys, 2500 miles a week should be easy for an OTR driver…)" and the line"(do like we ask, get the bonus and you’ll probably back yourself into more home time)"

Both a big old dose of nopity nope nope. Oh and under L/O

Keeping a truck running is something that takes continuous effort. Sometimes keeping your truck running might mean you have to make a choice between a personal and/or home matter and your truck because of a breakdown.

Translation. Screw the house yo u need to pay for this truck.
ok, you made an edit, as i was about to type,

i dunno, maybe you see it as condescending, maybe as i re-read it, i read it as they have had drivers moan and groan about home time, weekly rather than say bi-monthly.

maybe regarding the choice of home time or running, may mean again, they signed a lease, wanted to make those big dollars, but also want to be home weekly.

the company may have lost freight, maybe customers as some of the newbies simply do not wish to run like some others do?

any way, that's how i read it.

lease to own deals NEVER benefit the person, but only the company in "many" situations. i think it benefits those who have a business sense and can operate the truck AS a business, like some here do. while all others just want chrome and home?

in the end, the fly-by one post wonder did not elaborate on what REALLY happened to him. we do not need a manifesto, but a few SHORT paragraphs would have sufficed.

Tazz

Infidel
Agreed.

And I have always maintained drivers should reset at home. Especially in Flatbed where weekend work is way slower.

Not many loads of plywood going from NC to Cali. And if they do it is on a train.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
The reality is as a lease operator you need to turn enough miles to make the payments.
As an owner you need to turn enough miles to make the payments.
As a company driver you need to turn enough miles to make the payments.

Sure you will have bad weeks, but if you consistently being set up for failure it is time to look elsewhere.
If you are setting yourself up or failure by turning down loads and wanting to be home every weekend by 6 and leave out monday at 9am well, it is time to look elsewhere.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
2,500 miles is not difficult and it's a good idea the company posts its expectations up front.

To hear some drivers, though, it seems abusive to expect them to move the damn truck if they want a paycheck.

As a company driver considering a percentage based wage, I would be asking what's the average linehaul rate and how much of that gets skimmed off as "fuel surcharge" before the driver gets his cut.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
2,500 miles is not difficult and it's a good idea the company posts its expectations up front.

To hear some drivers, though, it seems abusive to expect them to move the damn truck if they want a paycheck.

As a company driver considering a percentage based wage, I would be asking what's the average linehaul rate and how much of that gets skimmed off as "fuel surcharge" before the driver gets his cut.
I agree! But 2500 mile is about enough to make the payments and pay a wage, So like the minimum.

Also agree. Drivers on percentage need to know the actual rate and many places lie about the gross pay on the load.

Southrntrkr

Lease purchase does 99.9% of the time benefit only the company during the lease. However the end game for the lease operator needs to be the fact of owning a truck. I've been an owner operator for 9 years I bought my first truck in a lease purchase program with Fraley and Schilling Trucking. That was a no-nonsense lease, and very cheap. After I paid it off I bought two more trucks in finance them through out side finance companies. I lost everything January of last year, due to incompetent drivers, and Equipment failure. I am going to Els in Kenly North Carolina, the deductions are very high there's no doubt but it is also getting a brand new truck. Any company whether it's lease owner op or company driver company wants things done a certain way and if people try to Buck those ways they find themselves on the wrong side of a losing battle. I'm a bit nervous as any truck driver is with switching jobs unless you know somebody that works there. But it's definitely not my first rodeo in Starting Over Again so I'm going to give it a try. The lease company is taking a huge risk and putting somebody in that truck if the lease operator is not willing to take a risk as well then there's no point. The other option is to be wealthy and go out and buy a truck without Finance I however cannot do that. Every company has a Nook or cranny they use to keep from paying out what they have to pay out on the full load it's BS and I don't agree with it but it's going to take more than a few people to change that and no one is willing to step forward and stick together to change the industry but yet everybody is willing to step forward and complain about something they believe they have no control over. if it can't be changed why complain about it all that does is raise our blood pressure and cause daily mistakes. So did those who want to complain needlessly and don't have a clue about what they have gotten themselves into I would say suck it up buttercup and let's go to work.

braylean

Well said, a lease purchase from any company is no cake walk, and most are out to rip you off. But if you have business sense and do your homework checking companies out before you sign up it is possible. I feel for anyone that signs up having to have 2500 miles a week to pay the bills. As far as I'm concerned, if your going to run a mileage program and figure up you have to get over 2000 miles a week just to pay everything, (this includes all payments to the company on the truck and all your bills at home including gas, food and entertainment) then you shouldn't sign on. Mine is 1700 which affords me generous hometime every couple of months and good paychecks in between. There are a ton of things to figure in when you buy a truck, no matter the source, and possibly the most important of all is the truck, if the company won't let you look over and choose a truck from several, drive that truck and see maintenance records on it, then don't sign. Also things like being able to purchase an extended warranty are a huge plus. I paid $4200 last year for my warranty and it's already saved me more than I paid. Your buying a 50k to 170k piece of equipment, don't just walk in and sign for it.

Southrntrkr

Your absolutely right on all points brother, I got a brand new truck with a 5 year warranty and a 5 year lease, warrenty and lease end the same time. I might add u just picked up a load that pays to me 4.38 a mile on 535 miles. That's 2300.00 and some change on the miles with a 97 mile dead head. I don't see why people can't make it with this company and complain alot. I'm two loads into the week and 3200.00 already, minus 1400 in deductions plus fuel I've cleared around 1350.00 already and still have 4 more days to make money on the work week. It's all about what you want to accomplish in the end, and being smart about getting there. I've already successfully completed a lease purchase 9 years ago so I know what is needed to do it. These companies aren't just going to give away a 150k piece of equipment for free. Owning any business takes hard work and dedication. If you're not willing to put that into something you say you want then obviously that person does not want to find something else to do have a good day.

LizzieBorden

Lease purchase does 99.9% of the time benefit only the company during the lease. However the end game for the lease operator needs to be the fact of owning a truck. I've been an owner operator for 9 years I bought my first truck in a lease purchase program with Fraley and Schilling Trucking. That was a no-nonsense lease, and very cheap. After I paid it off I bought two more trucks in finance them through out side finance companies. I lost everything January of last year, due to incompetent drivers, and Equipment failure. I am going to Els in Kenly North Carolina, the deductions are very high there's no doubt but it is also getting a brand new truck. Any company whether it's lease owner op or company driver company wants things done a certain way and if people try to Buck those ways they find themselves on the wrong side of a losing battle. I'm a bit nervous as any truck driver is with switching jobs unless you know somebody that works there. But it's definitely not my first rodeo in Starting Over Again so I'm going to give it a try. The lease company is taking a huge risk and putting somebody in that truck if the lease operator is not willing to take a risk as well then there's no point. The other option is to be wealthy and go out and buy a truck without Finance I however cannot do that. Every company has a Nook or cranny they use to keep from paying out what they have to pay out on the full load it's BS and I don't agree with it but it's going to take more than a few people to change that and no one is willing to step forward and stick together to change the industry but yet everybody is willing to step forward and complain about something they believe they have no control over. if it can't be changed why complain about it all that does is raise our blood pressure and cause daily mistakes. So did those who want to complain needlessly and don't have a clue about what they have gotten themselves into I would say suck it up buttercup and let's go to work.
To be honest, my husband was with them for 2 years. November 2018 things started falling apart. He was an O/O. Dispatchers wouldn't do their job and you are not able to dispatch yourself. The dispatcher would have him sometimes sitting for 2 days. My husband has been a truck driver for over 30 years so he knows what it is all about but when your dispatcher fights with you about loads, it usually ends up as a no win situation for the driver. Also Big Tim /owner is stepping down and letting his son, Brent take over plus they are in a big lawsuit which they will lose which will probably bankrupt the company. When my husband parted ways in December 2018, he left on good terms but we just received notice that he'll be getting back 0 from his escrow accounts. They invented items /expenses that were not even in the contract to keep all his money which was around $10,000. So my advice, stay clear of ELS.

Latest posts