Digital TV antenna

I got a USB to HDMI cable to mirror my cell phone on my TV but I want to get a Digital antenna to be able to watch local news wherever I spend the night.
Can anyone suggest a good one to be kept inside the cab?
Thanks.

I got a USB to HDMI cable to mirror my cell phone on my TV but I want to get a Digital antenna to be able to watch local news wherever I spend the night.
Can anyone suggest a good one to be kept inside the cab?
Thanks.
Hi BrazilianNut,

I too have asked the same question. According to the technical sites I've read, the best place for a TV antenna is on or very close to a window (such as the upper window of your truck's sleeper, if it has one) and up high. The two most critical factors that determine reception, especially with the all-or-nothing digital signals of today, are height and obstructions. By placing your antenna on or very near a window, you should be able to pick up at least a few of whatever TV signals are being broadcast in your area.

One more thing - be careful with V.H.F. (very-high frequency) signals as most of the flat-panel antennas aren't really good for Low-V.H.F. reception (rabbit ears work well for this). U.H.F. (ultra-high frequency) should work fine though.

TV Fool (http://tvfool.com/) is a good resource for finding local TV signals in your area, and if you want a closer look at the nitty-gritty technical stuff (which can be useful), then FCC Data (FCCdata.org - powered by REC) is a good site as well. For FM radio signals, TV Fool's companion site FM Fool (http://fmfool.com/) is a great tool, but you'll need to use G.P.S. coordinates if you're searching anywhere in Canada as I don't believe FM Fool has Canadian address mapping enabled yet.

Hope this helps!

krelithous

Supporter
Cool, thanks.
do you have a cable subscription or a satellite subscription:confused-96:. they might have an app that will let you stream live t.v. as well as run the DVR to remotely:cool:. more and more people are watching content on the fly these days everyone has an app