Diesel fuel made from air & water

krelithous

Supporter
You're not taking food out of children's mouths doing what you're doing.

But if EVERYONE did it, consumption would exceed what's being produced by restaurants, and they'd have to increase production of vegetable oil to use for fuel. And doing so would result in more vegetables being used for energy instead of feeding the cute little starving children in El Salvador or wherever...

And demand would also drive up the cost of vegetable oil, making it pointless.
I AGREE!!:)

krelithous

Supporter
gas motors produce nox also but it's easier to control with an egr. but it wouldn't surprise me if theres a time when even gas motors require an SCR type system to reduce emissions!!

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
You might be surprised to know that every small engine in my garage says "NOT LEGAL FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA".

You guys already have emissions laws on small engines. Musta slipped that passed you...lol

krelithous

Supporter
You might be surprised to know that every small engine in my garage says "NOT LEGAL FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA".

You guys already have emissions laws on small engines. Musta slipped that passed you...lol
I am not surprised my hair dryer says carb compliant:stare1::D. and it didn't slip past me:rolleyes:. and even If I did run my chicken fryer off diesel full time. it's my pleasure to drive through Beverly hills and smog the place up and make people feel like there property values are dropping:D. it's pre 92 so I don't need to smog it:thumbsup:

Last edited:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Audi have successfully made diesel fuel from carbon dioxide and water - ScienceAlert

Maybe with this fuel, we could ditch the problematic garbage on the trucks, get our power, fuel economy and reliability back, and still appease the fools who believe in the "climate change" myth.
Emissions controls aside, there's the question of the overall energy budget for the process. You're not going to get more energy out of the end product than you pour into the process to make the fuel. So the question is can they ramp up the process successfully to make it efficient enough to really compete with diesel refined from crude oil?

Kiwi303

Not a fruit
The russians reckon it's thermophiliac bacteria way down in the earth... underground magma heat provides energy like plants get from the sun.

Basicly a dry version of deep sea thermal vents.

Latest posts