"Diesel Doctor" vs other after market tuning for '06 Acert?

ScottLand

I am a new owner operator with two trucks, one has a cat Acert and the other a cummins ISX, the Acert gets horrible fuel mileage and am looking at getting it bumped up to 550 hp but am wondering what the thoughts are on using "Diesel Doctor" to tweak the ecm vs an after market tune from pdi or similar? Thanx

mitrucker

I am a new owner operator with two trucks, one has a cat Acert and the other a cummins ISX, the Acert gets horrible fuel mileage and am looking at getting it bumped up to 550 hp but am wondering what the thoughts are on using "Diesel Doctor" to tweak the ecm vs an after market tune from pdi or similar? Thanx
Which diesel doctor???? There used to be like 4 of them around Effingham.

ScottLand

Yeh that's why I am looking for some input. Have seen posts from a couple years ago on here regarding the various "Diesel Doctor's" out there but wasn't sure if anybody had any new insight/info? I also see there is one in Davenport? I am obviously trying to watch my dollars so want to explore options that will help my fuel mileage and power but don't want to let some "hack" get in there and screw things up.
Tunes that I have looked at are anywhere from $1200 - $2500 and Diesel Doctor advertises $300? I am not opposed to spending some real money if that's the best route but just don't want to waste time and money if I don't have to. Any info/input is greatly appreciated!

Thanx

DubbleD

Color Commentator
Your stock ACERT should be running 6.8 average. The ISX 7.2.

If that's bad you should by a Fiat and get out of trucking.