Detroit DD13 vs. DD15: Which Engine Is The Best Overall for operating at 80K Gross or less, and why?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Live is like a box of chocolates....
Life IS like a box of chocolates.
Sooner or Later you are going to run into a NUT! ;):p:thumbsup:

InTooDeep

I like the autos on grades and in traffic.

I hate the autos finessing under a trailer and into a dock.
I did drive a loaner 2016 when my truck was having front end work done it was a ***** backing under a low loaded trailer, the 2019 not so much. The new truck acted much smoother backing that slam dance into the pin didn't happen.

Mike

Staff member
I like the autos on grades and in traffic.

I hate the autos finessing under a trailer and into a dock.
Auto is fine getting under a trailer if you have an air dump like all trucks should.

New autos supposedly have some progrmamming to assist with backing as well.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Auto is fine getting under a trailer if you have an air dump like all trucks should.

Not that. The throttle tip in. All or nothing. They aren't smooth to engage, at least on Schneider's super duper fuel economy above all else programming. They go to neutral at every opportunity.

One second you're sitting there in reverse but neutral. A little throttle does nothing then BAM! you're nailing the pin.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter

Not that. The throttle tip in. All or nothing. They aren't smooth to engage, at least on Schneider's super duper fuel economy above all else programming. They go to neutral at every opportunity.

One second you're sitting there in reverse but neutral. A little throttle does nothing then BAM! you're nailing the pin.
Schneider bought the cheapest version they could get away with.

Programming to assist backing? Nah!! Next thing ya know, they'll want seats that don't give them permanent spinal damage!

:mad-97:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
One old School trucker used to come into the plant and he was *****ing about the clutch needing to be rebuilt on his automatic. Buddy used to sit there in a pot hole and because the truck was not moving, he figured he could just let off the brake in gear and everything would be just fine. :D