Destination Excellence

SueAnn

Supporter
How much do you charge for detailing?
:biggrin-2:
It's almost done. My lovely little puppy is a lot of work!
When you find someone dumb enough to detail a truck, let me know!! I'm in! :nails:

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
085111C0-1A8C-4E7E-AF93-C8237632773A.jpeg

Whom ever was the tester of this system that gave it a great review, seriously needs to have their head examined. Second day with this new “peoplenet” tablet and I’m ready to throw the not so user friendly piece of **** out the window. Wish the company would of done some training on this before surprising me with it this weekend when I got my truck serviced. Got a card that tells me how to log in and how to email my logs to DOT and a good luck pat on the shoulder. It might be cool if I knew how to use any of the features that are supposed to be soooooo cooooool on it. Anywho, got a load of plate. I have been hauling so much steel lately that I can get 10 chains with ratchet binders on the load with an x-chain and tarp it in 45 min. Guess things are picking up. Lol.

r3gulator3

Supporter
Thanks for clueing me in. This was enlightening.
Ok, so I will interject in this. This dude has no clue about TMC, the driver culture here, or what an employee gets paid. I make very, very good money. All they ask in return is I don’t keep securement items in the cab and keep the truck clean. So on the real Yes sometimes you get one of the old guys from the show truck era who nit picks the hell out of it and writes you down for correction. You get to make a choice at that point. Have a failed inspection and lose 5 points off your snapshot or, you can take a rag and window cleaner and wipe up the streaks or dirt or whatever.

What TMC asks you to do is keep the truck clean. So tell me this, what driver with any sense of decency doesn’t wipe down the dash once a week, and vacuum the floor when they wash the truck, keep the trash picked up outta it, and doesn’t leave **** bottles and **** bags in the bunk?

When it goes in for service usually all I really have to do is wash the rubber floor and use a magic eraser to get the dirt prints off the head liner from where I stand up and forgot to take my hard hat off. You should clean up any mess you make wether at home or in the truck. This dude makes it sound like he doesn’t do a ****ing thing to his truck and just drops it off and they do everything. I’m sorry that’s bullshit. They provided you 200k in equipment to use, you made it dirty, clean the mother ****er up.

nan

Supporter
Somewhere between TMC and the slop hogs is a happy medium where many drivers live. 😂

I slipseat. So I'm wiping it down for my own use. But I ain't washing it, and I ain't detailing it. Because the second guy usually doesn't respect the effort.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Ok, so I will interject in this. This dude has no clue about TMC, the driver culture here, or what an employee gets paid. I make very, very good money. All they ask in return is I don’t keep securement items in the cab and keep the truck clean. So on the real Yes sometimes you get one of the old guys from the show truck era who nit picks the hell out of it and writes you down for correction. You get to make a choice at that point. Have a failed inspection and lose 5 points off your snapshot or, you can take a rag and window cleaner and wipe up the streaks or dirt or whatever.

What TMC asks you to do is keep the truck clean. So tell me this, what driver with any sense of decency doesn’t wipe down the dash once a week, and vacuum the floor when they wash the truck, keep the trash picked up outta it, and doesn’t leave **** bottles and **** bags in the bunk?

When it goes in for service usually all I really have to do is wash the rubber floor and use a magic eraser to get the dirt prints off the head liner from where I stand up and forgot to take my hard hat off. You should clean up any mess you make wether at home or in the truck. This dude makes it sound like he doesn’t do a ****ing thing to his truck and just drops it off and they do everything. I’m sorry that’s bullshit. They provided you 200k in equipment to use, you made it dirty, clean the mother ****er up.
I didn’t watch the whole video. I got halfway and shut it off

It could possibly be your military background that gives you more discipline in keeping things clean, out of respect?

Because any company ride I’ve ever driven was usually filthy, unless I said something or cleaned it myself

Sounds like the guy in the video was stretching it a little

r3gulator3

Supporter
Also, if Mark in the video there was so smart he wouldn’t get paid CPM that’s why he’s so damned worried about how fast his truck will go and how soon he can get there. Guys like that are ****ing stupid listen to all the trolls and disgruntled mother ****ers who no longer work here. Mark needs to shut the **** up, or come work here and find out what it’s really about. I see he removed his original TMC rant from you tube. I was able to catch that this weekend but can’t find it now. Guess a defamation lawsuit for something you don’t know anything about might have been just a little tooo scary. As I always say two types of people in this world. Guys who run their mouth and guys who get it done. I wonder what type ol mark is.